Campagnolo Centaur Bike

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Ventos.jpg

A teaser pic of the Vento wheels and Conti tires...

And right-entry skewer...

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

More Campy Bike. I've decided to wait for the WTB bars and the experimental rear elastomer to show up.

IMG_2202.jpg

Heck, even my trash looks cool these days :D

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
AFter an elephant's gestation...

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

The Centaur Silvio is finally ready - although I think I will have the bars re=taped by someone who knows what they're doing.

Don't ask me how it rides - it's set up for Bryan Ball and it doesn't fit me. But the drivetrain has a wonderful :::snick-snick::: shifting action from the Campy "Quick Shift" setup, and the WTB bars look like they're worth the delay to wait for them...

The Jagwire inline cable adjuster I highly recommend - made setting the FD up much easier.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Memo to Doug:

Please take the foam cushion out of the cover and wrap it in Saran Wrap, then re cover it. Insurance, don't you know?

Mark

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Mo' Pics

Okay,

I couldn't live with the yucky tape job, and I couldn't live with the fact I couldn't do it,

So I redid it - not so bad this time, and my manhood's not damaged by the failure :roll:

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2239-1.jpg

I love this bike - I can't wait to set the second one up so I can ride it!

Be well,

Doug

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I love it!

Nice job on the rewrap, though I'm not totally in love with the solid black tape. Like your cable routing, I think John T will approve, too. Great job!

Mark

Kamatu

Ok, I can already tell my bike isn't going to be "real" with pics for a while, especially since I'll have all this "temp" stuff sticking around and until I get happy with the setup. Wrapping handlebars? I'm not going to be wrapping no stinking handlebars until I'm sure which ones I settle on. :mrgreen:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Kamatu wrote: Ok, I can already tell my bike isn't going to be "real" with pics for a while, especially since I'll have all this "temp" stuff sticking around and until I get happy with the setup. Wrapping handlebars? I'm not going to be wrapping no stinking handlebars until I'm sure which ones I settle on. :mrgreen:
No, no, no.... That will never, ever do. Pictures, pictures, pictures. Work in progress is what we want to see!

Mark

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Not all progress is noble in appearance...

So the Campy bike is in disassembly and packing to go to Bryan.

The objective is to remove nothing that will require cables to be disconnected.

The TFT will come out completely and the front triangle tube and crankset will be lashed to the side of the frame (liberally insulated with cardboard, bubble wrap and plastic bagging, of course.

Jeez it was pretty when I started... :cry: :cry: :cry:

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Kamatu wrote:
Mark B wrote: Dude, it's still pretty!

Mark

The cardboard detracts somewhat from its appearance. Otherwise, it is still pretty. ;)

Yeah, you would think Doug would have at least used some cool designer cardboard, huh!??! Cheapskate! ;) :lol: :lol:

Mark

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote:
Kamatu wrote:
Mark B wrote: Dude, it's still pretty!

Mark

The cardboard detracts somewhat from its appearance. Otherwise, it is still pretty. ;)

Yeah, you would think Doug would have at least used some cool designer cardboard, huh!??! Cheapskate! ;) :lol: :lol:

Mark

Ahhh... as with fine marble, so with cardboard -