Rear vs under seat pannier racks?

woodguy

Woodguy would your rack support say 25-30lbs of panniers?
I would say yes, but I haven’t tried anything other than the bag you see in the picture. A couple of things to consider I think would be if the extra weight would cause the shock to compress too much that the tire would hit the rack frame since I’ve turned the seat post upside down, and I’ve read in some forum posts that too much weight in the back causes handling instability. The rack is the one Cruzbike sold me, so they might have a weight capacity limit.

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
You are doing pretty much what I did on my Q45 - turned the seat post around & I’ve got my Thor seat at about 34 degrees. Pretty much totally eliminated the recumbutt. I love it. Here’s a picture:
Yes. I checked out all your posts before embarking on this mission. Once I have it assembled and working, I'll do a photo review and post it on the forum. I appreciate all the people who have done this work and gave me ideas.

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
I would say yes, but I haven’t tried anything other than the bag you see in the picture. A couple of things to consider I think would be if the extra weight would cause the shock to compress too much that the tire would hit the rack frame since I’ve turned the seat post upside down, and I’ve read in some forum posts that too much weight in the back causes handling instability. The rack is the one Cruzbike sold me, so they might have a weight capacity limit.
I'm attempting to mount my S40 racks on the Q45. The back rack will sit substantially lower, hopefully reducing the center of gravity. I ride heavy. I'll post photos when I get that far.