S40 and Wahoo Kickr compatibility

Chany

Hello. First post on the forum. :)

Ordered an S40 frameset earlier today. I currently do some indoor training on a normal bike with a Wahoo Kickr.
Anyone here that knows if the two are compatible or about any issues using the two together?

Gary Hudson

I don't believe there are any issues. I have a V20 on the Kickr core and it works fine. I know people that have the S40 on the core, maybe on the snap too but I can't recall.

Chany

I don't believe there are any issues. I have a V20 on the Kickr core and it works fine. I know people that have the S40 on the core, maybe on the snap too but I can't recall.
Alright. Good to hear. Looking forward to building the bike and trying it out.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
It works. FWIW the fwd aspects of the Cruzbike make it ideal from a sweat avoidance angle. Having the expensive direct drive trainer at the front allows the fans to blow the sweat towards the back and not onto your Wahoo. A huge plus, you will not appreciate it until you experience it. Feel free to join our Zwift race group now, DF riders are welcome.

SageRider

Ordered an S40 frameset earlier today. I currently do some indoor training on a normal bike with a Wahoo Kickr.
Anyone here that knows if the two are compatible or about any issues using the two together?
I have my '20 S40 (bought complete) on a Wahoo Kickr. When originally mounting, I encountered interference between the handle of the Kickr and the brake caliper. I removed the handle and all is well.

trplay

Zen MBB Master

You do know you can race with the Cruzbike Racing Team on a DF. We have several Df'ers who race with us.

3WHELZ

Guru
Agree, I have a KICKR. It is fully compatible with S40 V1. I would imagine it would be the same for a S40 V2.

Harry Spatz

Agree, I have a KICKR. It is fully compatible with S40 V1. I would imagine it would be the same for a S40 V2.
I believe the reason your Kickr is compatible is because you are using rim brakes, as evidenced in your avatar. If you used disc brakes, the caliper would likely interfere.

FrankHugh

Hi, wondering if someone can answer a few questions. Currently looking at purchasing a recumbent after a 20 year hiatus.
I’m in Canada so it will be a relatively short riding season so expecting to spend many hours on a wahoo Kickr or Neo 2 trainer.

Currently looking at a Metabike Mystique or a Vendetta 2 or 3. I’m just wondering if the FWD will drag a Wahoo Kickr from side to side and create forces you probably don’t want on the bike or the trainer. I have no possible way of test riding either so once the Vendetta 3 is released I’ll make a move on one or the other. Apologies if mentioning the Metabike is a no no in the forum

Finally as anyone placed a recumbent on a rocker plate whilst training?

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Hi, wondering if someone can answer a few questions. Currently looking at purchasing a recumbent after a 20 year hiatus.
I’m in Canada so it will be a relatively short riding season so expecting to spend many hours on a wahoo Kickr or Neo 2 trainer.

Currently looking at a Metabike Mystique or a Vendetta 2 or 3. I’m just wondering if the FWD will drag a Wahoo Kickr from side to side and create forces you probably don’t want on the bike or the trainer. I have no possible way of test riding either so once the Vendetta 3 is released I’ll make a move on one or the other. Apologies if mentioning the Metabike is a no no in the forum

Finally as anyone placed a recumbent on a rocker plate whilst training?
I think MJ McClure has both bikes.
Below is a picture of my V20 on Elite Suito. I built a platform with lazy susan rollers so that the trainer and bike can rotate.
20220312_134033.jpg

benphyr

Guru-me-not
...I’m in Canada ... Metabike Mystique
Hi @FrankHugh,

There are a few of us scattered around Canada. I’m near Hamilton. You are welcome to test ride my S40 or QX100 if you are ever in the area.

We talk about all kinds of bikes here so discussion about a Mystique is great.

There are a fair number if us who use Cruzbikes indoors in the winter. The use of a bike, yoga, or other floor rubber mat is advised same as with a common bike and helps stop any movement on the floor. I get a little movement but that is mostly due to shimming it level on a non-level floor and possibly to using an old wheel-on trainer that translates any slight motion into backward motion. I really only experience that when “sprinting” - pushing and pulling near maximum power.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I believe the reason your Kickr is compatible is because you are using rim brakes, as evidenced in your avatar. If you used disc brakes, the caliper would likely interfere.
I have a 2021 S40 with disc brakes, mounted to a 2018 Kickr and have no issues. I did have to remove the handle for clearance.

Update: I now have a Kickr V.6 and have no issues...just didn't attach the handle. Love the Kickr V.6.

Last edited: