V20 Chainstay installation

Andreas

Just received the longer chainstay for my V20.
This is now a new version with a detachable stalk (I think, I will never go with 1x).

According to this installation guide, the tube of the stalk should go trough the hole in the chainstay:

But the stalk does not fit through:
PXL_20240425_181820306~2.jpg

When I tried to push the tube in by turning it, I already scraped off some of the aluminum:
PXL_20240425_181934684~2.jpg

Has anyone had the same problem?
Do I need to file the hole or am I doing something wrong?

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Just received the longer chainstay for my V20.
This is now a new version with a detachable stalk (I think, I will never go with 1x).

According to this installation guide, the tube of the stalk should go trough the hole in the chainstay:
I installed mine today - I just had to file the whole out a tiny bit, then it fit

Andreas

Thanks for your anwers.
At the end, I managed to do it by filing the hole and screwing in the tube.

The result already feels good. It may steer a bit more sensitively, but interestingly, with the higher bottom bracket, it feels like running better in a straight line when I briefly take off my hands.

Fine-tuning may still be possible. Sometimes my legs lightly touch the handlebars (but it's not bothersome), on the other hand, my arms could be slightly more extended. If it bothers me in the long run, I may get a handlebar with a greater reach. I definitely don't want the handlebar to be any higher, I prefer the new height.

Before and after:
PXL_20230527_131240640~2.jpg

PXL_20240501_120939237.jpg
As you may notice, a headrest and a Moose Pack (V20c one does not fit perfectly) were also in the box.
And as I had to get a longer chain anyway, this was also the chance to initially install the 11-42 "Brevets only" cassette. Shifts perfectly with the modified GRX derailleur.

And I swapped the Japanese crank for a Spanish one because I need the 105 crank for the 3x to 2x conversion on my wife's bike ;-)
Since they had some special prices, I clicked on a few more chainrings for some experiments.
PXL_20240428_163738295.jpg