When Zwifties go to Sebring

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Well, what happens when our Cruzbike Zwifties go to the outdoor races? We found out this weekend in the resurgent "yes, it's back" Sebring 12/24 Bike Race! We all knew the Zwifties would soar of course but it was good to see the Walk and not just hear the talk.

Ken "hop on my wheel" Holzhausen was a beast as he pulled the entire field around the first big loop: Ken breezed to first place overall in the 6-hour drafting. His dominance on the course was a sight to behold, a testament to his unparalleled skill and determination.

Jim "my lap top is broke again" Parker, established the new track Sebring record in the 6hr non-draft category. In a display of sheer brilliance, showcasing his unwavering resolve and unmatched prowess in the saddle.

Not to be outdone, Jeff "just one more lap" Moore showcased his tenacity, clinching the second position overall in the fiercely contested 12-hour drafting category, solidifying his status as a force to be reckoned with on the racecourse.

John "Eat my dust" Crawford, a beacon of endurance and resilience, achieved an astounding feat by qualifying for the prestigious RAAM with an awe-inspiring 408 miles in the grueling 24-hour non-drafting category. John finished 2nd only to this year's Florida 500 winner and RAAM Super Star racer Marek Rupinski of Poland.

And then, our Queen Zwifters, Laura "'who can I catch next" Crawford and Maria "Jim, catch my wheel" Parker, etched their names in the history book by setting the base record in the 12-hour team event. With seamless coordination and unwavering determination, they flew through the course captivating us with their synchronized/ and not-so-synchronized exchanges of the time chip. It was a sight to see. Their record-breaking achievement of 274 miles is a testament to their skill and camaraderie, a record that will stand for years to come.

Indeed, as the dust settles and the cheers fade, the legacy of our Cruzbike Zwifties at the Sebring 12/24 Bike Race tells it all. And of course, they owe it all to Zwift. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Come join us in the Cruzbike Virtual Race Team. The CVRT is at it again on Wednesday at 19:35 EDT.