Haters going to hate

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Every fing thread that involves cruzbikes turns into poo on BROL. The low point is the "I don't believe your powermeter" standard now on the 100 mile thread. And when that became indefensible, the poster decided that some random testing on a trainer with a power meter and a poorly outlined experiment is needed by cruzbike or all cruzbikers should just shut up. I am just ranting here because I am so tired. I love my bike and would like to post pictures of it along with stories of events without having idiots question why I am riding it, or why it even exists or why I am lying about something.

There are some posters you just have to blow off; the major axe grinder Joined in April and has ~470 posts. If you look though the posting history, he seems to find a thread a month to shake like a chew toy and drag off topic. Some people are just sad and unhappy.

The better part of that thread is the people from other platforms actually continuing the well wish for larry and politely telling the off-topic people to knock it off. If Bryan wasn't pre-occupied with important family matter it probably would have been addressed sooner.

BROL needs an "ignore" feature or a vote this post up or down function or it's going to die a slow death

trplay

Zen MBB Master
The sooner one learns not to cast their pearls among the swine the better off they'll be. Don't mention on BROL how easy a MBB is to ride , don't say they are fast, and heavens forbid, do not say they can climb. The Cruzbikes are doing just fine getting the word out with their performance in the real world.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
There are some negative posters on Brol. There have also been many nice posters commenting on the 100 mile tread.
There are always a few that kind of ruin it for everyone else. I just mostly feel sad for them - they are unhappy people!

But Peder, you are correct, also some nice posters.
Duncan - don't give up - post you bike and what you like about it. Someone will get the message. Some will complain. Don't take if too personally!

Power testing: Even with un-deniable scientific data, the people who "think" their bikes are "best, faster, more aero, etc" still would not believe it and would still bash what is not theirs.
That is just how some people think and act.
In reality a bike and it's owner form a unique unit. Everyone is different. I might do really good on one format and bad on another, whereas you might be opposite.
Even a race does not really settle an argument over a "better" bike. All it shows is that one person on their bike is faster on "that" day than another person on their bike.
In the end - each person should just ride what they like and fit best.
If you think you can do better, all you have to do is buy something different and try it!
How much simpler can it get?

jond

Zen MBB Master
i get all the friendly support i need right here and do not bother with brol. get a football team together and on any day one of them will be "unhappy."

jond

Zen MBB Master
it is the singular positivity of cruzbike and it's members that i adore not the silly bravura of the loud unhappy ? inconsolable brol few hi jacking what should be a collective celebration of achievement and not anything more.

parochialism at the expense of being magnanimous is tantamount to being taken out the back dunny for a lesson in good manners downunda.

results/ actions speak volumes louder than any "my bike is better than yours" rant/fest based on opinion backed up by the minions of nothingness.

thankfully the vast majority decently celebrated Larry's incredible ride on his cruzbike vendetta. what a combo.

roadrunner 2 v brol rant/ fest 0 = full time score :)

no wonder i do not belong to brol.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Unbelievable....from the above mentions thread on BROL...
"more energy will be expended on ANY MBB machine because the pilot has to both put energy in to move the machine forward and keep it going in the desired direction. It does matter wether this is done with upper body or just legs....none-the-less it is being done, no question about it."
...and this poster (poser) has never ridden one, let alone rode one long enough to know there is absolutely ZERO truth in his stupid statement.

Last edited:

LMT

I like the thread over on BROL, I have a feeling that the new poster was the recently banned 'RChung'.

And the way Tim Turner disposes the rather tedious Aurelius with hard facts.... :D

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Goodness! If they banned RChung they banned one of the most knowledgeable if not the most knowledgeable poster on their board. Wish we could get him over here.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Goodness! If they banned RChung they banned one of the most knowledgeable if not the most knowledgeable poster on their board. Wish we could get him over here.

Robert is indeed an asset.

He actually doesn't ride (or own at least) any 'bents. But he's good at math and willing to share. We haven't always agreed on everything, but he is a good guy.

Update: As far as I can tell, Robert is indeed not banned at BROL. Lee, did you mean Wannabe?

hurri47

Crap like this used to come up at EVERY mention of Cruzbike on BROL as recently as a couple years ago. I originally got into Cruzbikes largely to see what all the shouting was about (and have an informed opinion instead of just an opinion). Around the time I decided that the nay-sayers were pretty much wrong, the frequency of their posts declined, and I thought it was because the question had been settled.

Oh well.

-Dan

LMT

Robert is indeed an asset.

He actually doesn't ride (or own at least) any 'bents. But he's good at math and willing to share. We haven't always agreed on everything, but he is a good guy.

Update: As far as I can tell, Robert is indeed not banned at BROL. Lee, did you mean Wannabe?

Sorry, my mistake, it is Wannabe.:oops:

DuncanWatson

Ah, yes I put that idiot on ignore when he looked like Wannabee. I believe we are talking about Perfeklibent.

*Edit - I saw Perfeklibent's new thread. He is an obvious troll.