Sebring 2019

HC203

Hey Cruzbike folks. This is Harry, some may recall me on the Cruzbike RAAM crew :) I am considering a go at Sebring 2019-just thought'I'd check in and see who else may be planning on going. I was way too busy in Feb of 2018. I may consider the 24-just to complete-not sure about compete.

CruzLike

Guru
Hi Harry
This is a great time to be thinking about Sebring. I have begun training this time of year, for the two times I have ridden there.
I plan to set this one out. I would expect to see 4 or 5 other CB'ers.

I would ink that one in, on your calendar.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hi Harry,
Great to hear from you.
I will probably be there as I am sure Kyle and B-girl will too since it is basically in their back yard.
I am pretty sure the Parker's try to hit this one every year as well.
And of course if Jason can get his 20-min power up to 360 - then he will be there too! :)
Not sure what I will ride, but can guarantee it will be at least 100 miles! :)
It will be interesting to see who else replies.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Ritter

By the way, is there a particular hotel at which Cruzbike riders tend to congregate? Would be fun to connect in one place. Thanks in advance.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Tere is only one hotel on the race track and it gets full quickly , it's also a tad expensive. When I was there I used an airbnb in town .... I was late for the race and started right at the back. Best not be late as you won't get into the peloton. It's a great ride. If you can do 10 minute warm up on a trainer that would help.

https://cesebring.com

Maria Parker

Administrator
Jim and I will be there. We plan on bringing our new RV (gift from my Mom and Dad). We will "camp," inside the gates where we normally park. You'll know it's us when you see an enormous camper being driven down the middle of the road. Jim plans on doing the 100 and I have not decided, but will likely be 12 hour or 100. I'm also looking forward to seeing some Cruzbikers there!

HC203

I haven’t seen any of these post replies until now. I’m not going to be at Sebring this year as there’s a thing I have to be at in NY same weekend.
I do plan on driving down to Florida in late March for Bike florida with my new van/bike base camp vehicle. Hopefully sebring next year. Good luck everyone.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I haven’t seen any of these post replies until now. I’m not going to be at Sebring this year as there’s a thing I have to be at in NY same weekend.
I do plan on driving down to Florida in late March for Bike florida with my new van/bike base camp vehicle. Hopefully sebring next year. Good luck everyone.
Harry - clearly you did not read the fine print rules for starting a thread like this. You are contractually obligated to go since you started it - Tell the "thing in NY it will have to change its date - Sorry! ;)

HC203

Haha. Yeah I did start the thread. Who knows-maybe I'll blow off the New York thing and head south. It's gotta be at least a bit warmer there. I am in no shape and have some limitations-but I could use the vitamin D. I'll keep you posted.

Jeffrey Ritter

Haha. Yeah I did start the thread. Who knows-maybe I'll blow off the New York thing and head south. It's gotta be at least a bit warmer there. I am in no shape and have some limitations-but I could use the vitamin D. I'll keep you posted.
Marie, you definitely need the Vitamin D!! Come on along.

Maria Parker

Administrator
Also, I hope to get this on social media, but for those of you reading this thread:

Maria and Jim will be joining at least 5 other Cruzbikers at Sebring Florida for the annual kick off race of the season. Some of us will be racing 100, some 12 hours others 24. We try to do a ride together on Friday afternoon February 8th starting around 1:30 pm. Join us at the parking lot in front of the Chateau Elan Hotel for an easy ride and social opportunity. By the way, we take the word "race" lightly. Most of us will show up and have fun and not worry too much about our performance, so come on out!

1happyreader

zen/child method
Traffic warning !!!

If for any reason you will be driving into Orlando be aware there Will be construction on I4 .
21 miles of barriers, lane shifts, and anxiety.
the Ultimate I4 project has several more years till completion.
there are two Toll road bypasses:
417 will take you to the airport or Daytona .

429 backsides Disney (exit 8 ) and will take you to I75 via the Florida turnpike.

later,,, bye

Maria Parker

Administrator
Traffic warning !!!

If for any reason you will be driving into Orlando be aware there Will be construction on I4 .
21 miles of barriers, lane shifts, and anxiety.
the Ultimate I4 project has several more years till completion.
there are two Toll road bypasses:
417 will take you to the airport or Daytona .

429 backsides Disney (exit 8 ) and will take you to I75 via the Florida turnpike.

later,,, bye
Thanks for the warning Tim!

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Looks like pretty good weather is expected tomorrow, not too hot, but wind still a factor. Looking forward to racing the Century, then crewing for those doing the 12 and 24 hour events. I posted a link on the Facebook page for live results tracking.