Grin Motor on an S40

CO60

We recently got an S40 for my wife. There is a great place in Seattle called Bike Swift that does e-bike conversations. Really knowledgeable crew. After they looked at the S40 and we talked about it, we decided to have them put a Grin motor on it. It took them fabricating a battery cage to keep the weight lower on the bike. My wife is new to riding a Cruzbike and hadn't mastered it before having the motor installed. But she has put a few miles with the motor and really loves it. 20240502_183059.jpg

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
I like that battery placement. It's ideal. So Grin makes a hub motor that is thru-axle compatible. That's great to know. That looks like a super fun bike!

CruzRider

Looks like a great conversion job!
The motor makes it so much easier to learn to ride the Cruzbike. I am sure you and your wife have a blast riding together.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
We recently got an S40 for my wife. There is a great place in Seattle called Bike Swift that does e-bike conversations. Really knowledgeable crew. After they looked at the S40 and we talked about it, we decided to have them put a Grin motor on it. It took them fabricating a battery cage to keep the weight lower on the bike. My wife is new to riding a Cruzbike and hadn't mastered it before having the motor installed. But she has put a few miles with the motor and really loves it.
Love it - 2WD - S40!

CO60

I like that battery placement. It's ideal. So Grin makes a hub motor that is thru-axle compatible. That's great to know. That looks like a super fun bike!
If you are interested in getting more info on why the Bike Swift crew did this particular build, I am sure that Henry Kellogg, the owner, would welcome chatting about it. Their number is (206) 588-6546

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
The 100mm 12mm through axle front hub motor is the true unicorn right now. I am in contact with a few companies in Taiwan that are designing them... NOT for us but for at least reference to the places we know that do conversions like this. But the e-bike industry has no real use for that type of motor at this point so off-the-shelf options are near zero. Good to see one!