GCN and Cruzbike

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Maria on this take. The folks there run their own show - getting on there for something "real" is not an easy feat so this is a great start to hopefully more of a relationship with the folks there. I saw this video in the AM at home and I admit that when he first got on the bike and I first saw the "fit" - I had to stop the video and go make myself an EXTRA strong coffee to stave off the immediately incoming migraine and resist the urge to freak out.

The key is not to go there to their channel and try to burn them for things they either didn't consider or understand. The reactions are very very positive overall so that is a plus. In a week that video has garnered more views than recumbent specific channels can garner in a decade, so this is good stuff.

Keeping the door open and friendly will encourage more form them in the future I feel so this relationship could be considered a good first date and more to come.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master

IyhelM

Like many others the position had me cringe - and I joined the comments choir under the video!
That being said, I really believe this is some great air time for recumbents and Cruzbike and i think Hank (and his fellow presenter Manon) is genuinely interested in recumbents of all sorts.
HPV world championships are in England this summer, I hope we can get GCN to cover it.

McWheels

Off the long run
I live not 20 minutes from Bath, and only half an hour from Castle Coombe where they do their track shoots. Every Tuesday between equinoxes the track is an evening cycling session open to the public, but anti-clockwise. I've taken the S40, and before that the V2k, round it many times. There's the odd recumbent but not many.
combe-prac-wk4-20180522-0287.jpg

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Recumbents in GCN Italy for those of you who speak Italian. The closed caption version using Google translator works as well.
Loved it. It was done very well and Marco and Sophia had both of them pedaling around the course in short order.

Was on the High Trestle Bike Trail last weekend and an up-righter stopped me and asked "Is that the bike i just saw on GCN?" I said yes and immediately had about a 15 minute conversation with the rider. Offered to fit him for his own when he had a chance, directed him to cruzbike.com and answered all his questions. So now i am wondering if the cruzbike site has noticed an uptick on website visits after that video posted? I am starting to meet more and more fellow cruzbikers out in the world and find they are some of nicest people i have ever met in my life and everyone is such a good ambassador for the company. Can we get an IPO out of cruzbike so we can invest?

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Was on the High Trestle Bike Trail last weekend and an up-righter stopped me and asked "Is that the bike i just saw on GCN?" I said yes and immediately had about a 15 minute conversation with the rider. Offered to fit him for his own when he had a chance, directed him to cruzbike.com and answered all his questions. So now i am wondering if the cruzbike site has noticed an uptick on website visits after that video posted? I am starting to meet more and more fellow cruzbikers out in the world and find they are some of nicest people i have ever met in my life and everyone is such a good ambassador for the company. Can we get an IPO out of cruzbike so we can invest?
We've had a 50% increase in website traffic since the GCN video dropped. That hasn't yet translated to sales, but I'm sure the sales will eventually follow. Thanks for being a great ambassador for Cruzbike!