“The eTrek Bicycle: A practical eHPV design”

Here’s some background about me. I’ve been bike commuting year round for 5 years, no matter the weather. 6-7 months a year there is rain, snow, ice or frost, at least overnight and in the morning. We usually get a lot of rain in March and April. It could be 3*F all the way up to around 110*F. Nothing is flat, but most areas aren’t very steep. It’s often windy.

I have several ‘bents and have been riding them for maybe 12 years. I don’t ride many miles, though. I don’t have and have never ridden a FWD MBB bike and really want a Q45.

I can and do drive, but I would much rather ride my bike. I really want better weather protection, though. I’d like to block the sun, wind, wet and cold. I need covered cargo room for maybe 30L. I also want to go farther and faster. Velomobiles are an obvious solution, but are very expensive (like a car) and uncommon. I’ve looked at fully faired bikes and body socks. The Lightning F40 is one of my inspirations. I also admire some of the recumbent rain fairings Seattle riders come up with. @billyk and @Tortue solutions: https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/cruzbike-ppe-two-versions.13463/

Peter Gershon solution:

In 2008 I was going to college to get my Automotive Technology degree. That’s when I first came across the idea of Cruzbike. It was this article:

I was obsessed with bikes, motorcycles, EVs and hybrids. R. Eric Lee’s design checked all those boxes! I searched the forum and the internet, but didn’t find anything else. Has anyone built one of these? Has anyone seen more info on the project?

Last edited:

bret

Perhaps part of a solution:

Perhaps part of a solution:
Thanks!