1up Quik Rack Guidance: Arm Over Front Wheel?

Terrarium

Can someone post of photo of their quikrack from 1up going over the front wheel, if you actually cut the arm down to size to fit under the bottom bracket? What did you cut it with and do you regret it.

Robert H.

Can someone post of photo of their quikrack from 1up going over the front wheel, if you actually cut the arm down to size to fit under the bottom bracket? What did you cut it with and do you regret it.
I have 1up's original heavy duty bike rack. I cut down the arm for the front of the bike. I figure I can easily buy a new one if I need to. You definitely want both wheels secured tightly. I need to figure out how to secure the bike better as it tends to wobble more than a traditional bike (more weight up high) and tends to walk within the width of the bracket arms. I destroyed a fork on an upright carbon bike sitting next to it - the seat pan carved into the fork leaving a large gouge from the V20c moving within the brackets. I photos that I can post later, but like I said, this is their original heavy duty bike rack.

rfneep

FWIW, I have the fat bike version of the 1 Up rack, and the front arm fits between the crank arms and the bb. So all I have to do to hold my S30 is lower the crossbar one or two positions and the front wheel is held tightly by design. You could convert your rack to the fat bike tray but I think it’s more cost effective to just cut down the clamp arms to fit under the bb, as suggested by Robert H. above.