2023 S40: Replace Derailleur and Brakes

Terrarium

Y’all I’m fed up with how finicky the disc brakes and derailleur get. Are there easy replacements, how can I know what compatible?

Beano

Juin tech brakes are a good hybrid option imo. Shimano 105 would be a solid replacement for your front and read mech.

slitespd

Just out of curiosity, what makes the OEM brakes and derailleur finicky? Since I’m considering a used S40, any insight will be appreciated. I’ve had several disc brake bikes and never experienced anything that caused concern.

Ninosmits

I bought a frameset and built the bike myself.
I mounted Juin Tech brake calipers and float mounted brake discs.
Brakes very well

Attachments

• image_123923953(1).JPG
    image_123923953(1).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • image_123923953.JPG
    image_123923953.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 18

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Just out of curiosity, what makes the OEM brakes and derailleur finicky? Since I’m considering a used S40, any insight will be appreciated. I’ve had several disc brake bikes and never experienced anything that caused concern.
For me..2017 S40. Front derailleur finicky to adjust. Need to have 52t to work (or it's just me). TRP Spyre disc brakes seem ok once adjusted. I tried HY/RD which has self adjusting pad clearance. I never could get it not to have a little disc rub noise. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I switched back to Spyre because I was annoyed.

slitespd

For me..2017 S40. Front derailleur finicky to adjust. Need to have 52t to work (or it's just me). TRP Spyre disc brakes seem ok once adjusted. I tried HY/RD which has self adjusting pad clearance. I never could get it not to have a little disc rub noise. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I switched back to Spyre because I was annoyed.
I plan on a 1x so that eliminates the front der but yes, slight brake rub can be annoying but I’ve been fortunate enough not to have had much of that over the years.