3d printed visor

What kind of 3D printer do you have? I am ordering a 3D printer and it will be my first one.
I work at a university so I have access to some High $$$ printers. For Home use I suggest an Ender Pro
Or , at a higher cost, a Prusa. https://www.prusa3d.com/product/original-prusa-i3-mk3s-3d-printer-3/

We have both here for student use in the MakerSpace and seem to provide good results.

cruzKurt

I work at a university so I have access to some High $$$ printers. For Home use I suggest an Ender Pro
Or , at a higher cost, a Prusa. https://www.prusa3d.com/product/original-prusa-i3-mk3s-3d-printer-3/

We have both here for student use in the MakerSpace and seem to provide good results.
Thanks, I actually ordered a Bambu Labs Carbon X1 and hopefully have it in house soon.

I’ve not heard of that brand. The specs look great. Please let us know how you like it. I’ll be retiring in a couple years and will be needing to purchase a printer. It’s amazing how the tech and price has improved over the years.

billyk

Guru
Thanks, I actually ordered a Bambu Labs Carbon X1 and hopefully have it in house soon.
As important as your printer is the software you'll need to design your models. I use Sketchup, but am becoming disenchanted with its ever-increasing price since they went to a subscription model. There's a huge range of capabilities and price, but I hesitate to hijack this forum with such a discussion. Try Reddit r/3Dprinting.
I use Prusa mini btw. The Prusa slicer is intuitive, capable, and often updated (you can use any slicer with any printer afaik).

cruzKurt

As important as your printer is the software you'll need to design your models. I use Sketchup, but am becoming disenchanted with its ever-increasing price since they went to a subscription model. There's a huge range of capabilities and price, but I hesitate to hijack this forum with such a discussion. Try Reddit r/3Dprinting.
I use Prusa mini btw. The Prusa slicer is intuitive, capable, and often updated (you can use any slicer with any printer afaik).
I am using Fusion 360 for 3d modeling, I use vCarve Pro for 2d modeling. The Bambu printer comes with it's own slicer, so I think I will try that for now. And I think this is an appropriate discussion for the innovators forum.