Affordable Aero Tailbags

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Avery recumbent bicycle deserves a good aero tail bag right? Let's post some good ideas here:

1. Bachetta Brain bags
2. Radical Solo Aero bags
3. Generic Motorcycle Tail bags found on Aliexpress. They have quite a variety!. They are about 400g.
Check: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004937009445.html

1692260334195-png.15614

@Frito Bandito , May I borrow your great tailbag mounting ideas? ;)
bM8_Jyx2lrvW7FDe4HcjYKHrNdzmLIuxiAunHbdWqQ8-1536x2048.jpg
l4z5zIkcWP17qsv3wn5vgL6Y615_gko0VBtyt9tX5jM-1536x2048.jpg
MVfRmKPRHH9F8e_GeulsDNwE0HYsMnmlt6YNZLnypEw-1536x2048.jpg

Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Sure thing braddah. Here are a couple of pics I took an hour or so ago in anticipation of either creating a thread like this, or uploading them when someone else did. There is a flap on the bottom of the bag that wraps around and through the zip tie.
tempImagefTc7B7.png

tempImagetZcoNt.png

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I tested the setup for the first time this weekend. It added some 600+ grams to my bike:rolleyes:. The bag also needs to be stuffed up otherwise it does not retain a good aero shape. However, it does have plenty of carrying space for a rain jacket, pump, puncture kit, snacks e.t.c should I need them. It could also possibly double up as a fender. This means I may probably remove the rear mudguard and save a few grams.

20230916_155733.jpg

Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Looks nice Ak-Tux. Yeah, you can put stuff in it to help keep a decent shape. If you don't need to carry anything then bubble wrap works. In Winter you can put down jacket or something similar. Or, you might be able to find a thin plastic material to cut into shape that amtches the top of the bag but slightly larger so that when you bend it to put it inside the tailbag it will bow out and expand the bag from inside.