Air Shocks

HIKERBIKER

I am salivating over the Silvio. From what I can discern, the front-end has an air-shock. I have had 2 bikes with air shocks. One was a mountain bike with a Fox and the other is my Burley Limbo that came with a Canecreek. Neither one lasted very long, and I eventually replaced the Canecreek with the old fashioned one that was originally on the Burley. Has anyone had this problem with the Silvio? Also I have never ridden a Cruzbike. How hard is it to get used to pedalling and steering at the same time?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
No issues with my airshock yet.

Getting used to the MBB is a fairly short learning curve. At first, it seems impossible, then you get to where it's manageable, then you get pretty handy with it. It's like anything else, you make progress pretty quickly when you first start out, then little improvements come along as you ride more. Really, if you read the tips on this forum, that's enough to help get you to where you're comfortable and can keep it herded in a mostly straight line. Then, as your comfort level increases, you relax more and your brain/body figures out the rest on it's own. I don't think for a second about what to do, or not do, anymore. I just ride and that's what we all want. For me, it took about a week of working at it before I was comfortable enough to play in traffic. This was on my conversion bike. By the time I got my Silvio, I was comfortable with most aspects of riding the bikes. Mastering the FWD MBB is part of the fun!

Mark