Anyone for a Cruzbike Trike conversion...

jwitten

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of trikes, but I recently stumbles across this TrikeZilla conversion kit...

trikezilla_conversionkit-7.jpg height:276px;

I was really looking for something to help stabilize a tandem Adams Trail-a-Bike that my kids still ride.

Adams%20Tandem.jpg height:183px; width:275px

They are pushing the weight limit on the Adams Tandem (6 and 8 years old) and their shifting weight really affects even the stability of my upright DF bike (I don't use the Adams behind my Cruzbike due to the stability issue).

I probably won't go this route since they'll both be independent on their own bikes soon, but I got to thinking that coupling the TrikeZilla conversionis to a Cruzbike would be a perfect solution for those with either balance problems, disabilities, or those just wanting a fun, stable, comfortable, multi-gear CruzTrike.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
It's not crazy to try.  I

It's not crazy to try. I also have an Adams Tandem and I also haven't tried it on my Cruzbike (I had enough problems balancing on my hybrid).

Going this route will be more expensive than it needs to be since the trike conversion kit is designed to be powered by the rear wheels and you don't need it to be with a Cruzbike. I can't tell from the picture, but if it doesn't lean, then you are going to have balance issues at even moderately high speed when turning. If it does lean (and is tuned correctly), that could be really cool... :D