Anyone gone down yet?

I have been pretty lucky. About 10k miles between another 2 wheel bent and a trike. I only fell once on my bike; a buddy of mine stopped in front of me and I could not unclip fast enough. Same trip I dumped the bike once at a slow speed on wet dirt, but I was standing upright. No issue on the trike yet ;)

Now we will see how well Indo over time on the S40. I will keep working my handling drills outside, but also planning to pick up another set of SPD/platform pedals real soon.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i wiped my Greenspeed GTS this weekend. We have this 10 mile road course set up on a combination of MUP and golf course cart pavement. it is a total blast on trikes, but it can be quite hairy with off camber turns and decreasing radius turns. the track is perfect for Hare and Hound, or just hammering. my gts only has a 700 mm track (narrower than an aero) so it is not very forgiving, and the scorchers are very sticky. in this roll, i bent a wheel, left an impressive human skid mark and corresponding lack on skin on one arm, and then a cut and softball sized bruise on the other. We were much more conservative on the last 8 miles. the wheel is already back to straight, and the arms are healing nicely.

Rumbleseat

Just got back the BRAG spring tune-up in Rutledge, GA. 3 day bike riding festival. I took a diamond frame and my T50. The T50 is a life saver for comfort and it climbs so good compared to my Ran's Stratus XP. However on fast descents it does not feel stable compared to ether my diamond frame bike (2007 Giant Yukon with Surly rigid fork) or the Rans. Although the Rans is longer than a motorcycle so its no wonder it feels stable.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
the t has some serious high speed issues. wheelbase is too short and geometry is just not set up for that. it will roll 20 fine, but over 25 not a good choice.

rx7mark

Guru
the t has some serious high speed issues. wheelbase is too short and geometry is just not set up for that. it will roll 20 fine, but over 25 not a good choice.

Not sure I agree, I have had mine up to 40 mph on a half mile down hill on my commute every day I could ride to work. So far that would be several hundred times.

I have also had it up to 30 on the flats pedaling like crazy. My gearing isn't set up for this speed. But I just had to try.

Mark

Last edited:

Opik

Not sure I agree, I have had mine up to 40 mph on a half mile down hill on my commute every day I could ride to work. So far that would be several hundred times.

I have also had it up to 30 on the flats pedaling like crazy. My gearing isn't set up for this speed. But I just had to try.

Mark

I wonder if it's because of the seat and handlebar. The stock ones are for "relax". But like you and me, if the handlebar is a drop and the seat is more reclined, it doesn't become much of an issue.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
mine is dead stock with knobbies. it pedals out well before 30.

i wonder how your mods affect handling. certainly more aero. my t is like riding a stingray.