Anyone other Silvio riders getting shoulder pain?

cycleguy

HI all,

This season has been great so far on the SIlvio. Great rides, faster and feeling great! One problem is that I've been getting a decent amount of pain in my left shoulder. Not the muscle but right in the joint. Wasn't sure what it was from at first, but it seems to get worse when I am on long (40 mile) rides. There are many steep hills around here that involve a lot of upper body input, lots of pulling and pushing. Has anyone else experienced any kind of shoulder pain? Just seems to be the one side... Of course it may not have anything to do with riding, but SEEMS to be related.

Thanks
Harold

JonB

Zen MBB Master
cycleguy wrote: HI all,

This season has been great so far on the SIlvio. Great rides, faster and feeling great! One problem is that I've been getting a decent amount of pain in my left shoulder. Not the muscle but right in the joint. Wasn't sure what it was from at first, but it seems to get worse when I am on long (40 mile) rides. There are many steep hills around here that involve a lot of upper body input, lots of pulling and pushing. Has anyone else experienced any kind of shoulder pain? Just seems to be the one side... Of course it may not have anything to do with riding, but SEEMS to be related.
did you try riding without pulling and pushing?

cycleguy

JonB wrote: did you try riding without pulling and pushing?

Oh, I wish. No problem doing that on the straights obviously, but going up some long 1/2 mile to mile long grades of between 8 - 12% and many shorter 15% grades, that becomes difficult!

I'll just keep my eye on it more and do more stretching after the long rides. There is a another 40 mile group ride coming up Monday night with a very long steep climb into Wilton NH. I'll see how that works.

Harold

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Im using the Gary8 bars and do get some pain when riding slow. When I ride harder and pull on the bars more it is easier.I would like to get the bars down about 2-4 inches. How about makning a TFT with a bend where the handelbars are clamped. I did a few mesurements between the conversion and Silvio. Bars on Silvio are 6in. higher with a 4 1/5 in longer reach. So in reaching a lot more on the Silvio. Jack

cycleguy

johntolhurst wrote: What bars are you using, Harold, how wide are they?

I had bought those bars discussed here last year.. they are wider then normal and they flare out a bit on the ends. They seems to be very comfortable.. I can't relate it back to them necessarily. I am not stretching either to reach the bars.

Harold

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
cycleguy wrote: ...
I am not stretching either to reach the bars.

Harold
maybe that's the problem, not stretching I mean. I wonder if a physio might give you some stretching exercizes, the tendons linking into the shoulder can sometimes need this, especially if you injure your shoulder. :oops: