Arizona: White Silvio for Sale

Eric Martineau

I have a white Cruzbike Silvio available for sale. This bike has been ridden 2 miles tops, and has otherwise been stored in my garage since I purchased it in Dec 2014. My (dear) wife tipped it over once resulting in a scuff to the shifter. Otherwise, it's in like-new condition.

So... why did I buy a $3k bike and then never ride it??

If you're interested, read on. Otherwise, jump to the bottom.

The Story

I purchased this bike in late 2014 because I thought it might make a good bike for an upcoming 500mi bike tour in New Zealand. I found this forum when doing my research and realized that if the bike didn't work out for the tour, I could sell it pretty easily due to the raving fan club and popularity of the bike.

I'm sure you guessed... but within 5 minutes of riding the bike, I knew it wouldn't be a good long-distance touring bike. Not because it wasn't fast or comfortable, but because I couldn't imagine loading it up with 40lbs of gear and then climbing up a 14% grade. (To be honest, I laugh at myself for even considering it). But, the bike was so fun and unique to ride that I decided to keep it and use it when my roadie friends wanted to rides. (I'm a mountain biker and have never owned a road bike).

Now we're in 2018, and I still haven't taken it on a road ride. To be fair, I haven't been on any road rides either - maybe the 500 miles in New Zealand cemented the fact that I prefer riding in the dirt :)

The Bike

The bike was purchased online Dec 2014 - I haven't done any modification whatsoever. It has original tires, cables, seat, etc... in fact the chain still has the factory grease :)

When I purchased it, I sent these measurements to Robert, though IIRC they have more to do with adjustments rather than the actual size of the bike:

Xseam: 47
Upstroke Clearance: 26
Arm Extension: 25
Torso: 31

I'm not sure what the bike is worth. I remember paying ~$3k, but haven't dug through my financials to verify. I will box it up and ship it, but I _strongly_ prefer dealing locally (I'm in the Phoenix area). I'm switching jobs and highly motivated to sell, and so will entertain any offers.

Thanks!

E

IMG_0002.JPG

Luis Rives

You need to:

1) Price it: whether underpriced, overpriced, or correctly priced, it will be a lot more difficult to sell without a price.

2) How will payment be accomplished: cash, cashier's check, gold bars, Paypal, etc.

3) Terms: state whether you will ship and if so who will pay for shipping, or whether this will be for buyer pickup only.

This is no different than a sale thru the big auction site, you need to state all the terms of the transaction.

hurri47

I would be driving up from Tucson, so shipping is not an issue, but I agree with Luis - I'd like to see a price on it so I could know if any bid I come up with is realistic. I'd also like to see how it was equipped three and a half years ago, either in a list or with closeup photos.

You are apparently a lot taller than I am, so there would need to be some adjusting before I can ride it, but Cruzbikes handle this gracefully - modern ones even more so than my Silvio v1.0. It looks like the cables are plenty long enough for any required adjustment :)

-Dan

Eric Martineau

ok, thanks for the help. Sounds like I need to do some research.

This is a video with Robert from Cruzbike walking through the components for the bike. The bike I'm selling is exactly the same as the one in the video: (Oops, looks like links to youtube aren't allowed. [youtube_url_here]/watch?v=jP5PmSFQ8wc)

Also, here are some more pictures of the bike. I'm happy to take any specific pictures if requested:

IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0215.JPG IMG_0218.JPG

I’m going to research the price, but right now I’m thinking the $2250-$2750 range, assuming the buyer would pay shipping and packing costs.

Eric

This bike is for sale and it is still like new. The only thing I don't have are the cheap pedals, but I don't think too many riders on this forum would use them anyway.