Befitting of a Silvio: Shimano Di2

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Ahhh, all things become possible as batteries improve.

Wonder if it works better than Mavic's electronic system that came out a few years ago?

Combining Japan's bicycle and electronics dynasties could produce some amazing stuff!

No doubt we'll see RF shifting control to replace all those nasty wires that will replace all those nasty cables!

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Pretty soon, they'll have a full electronic version, where you can sit in front of a TV and imagine you're actually cycling. In fact, you won't even have to imagine that hard because they will have sights and sounds. You might have to import the smells. And then, you can interract with riders from another state and in between bites of your Big Mac, you can climb the major stages of the TdF, pause it while you pound your milk shake and still be able to win the sprint to the finish. :lol: :lol:

Sorry. Yeah, that stuff sounds good. Pricey... I'll probaly be too old to cycle before that stuff becomes affordable. And who wants to be halfway between here and there when your battery dies?

Mark

Ted

Shimano Di2 = Exciting :)!

After reading this thread, I checked out the Shimano Di2 - my ol' heart started thumping - this is EXCITING :)! How about it John [Tolhurst], any plans to adept it to the Vendetta and/or Silvio? Or is it something each individual would be on their own to adept/change over?

Ted

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
we stick to our knitting

Hi Ted,
If we could have 100 times the sales volume, then I could build 100 bikes of every permutation of component. So for the time being its 'stick to your knitting'. We have great bicycle frame designs. We sell them and let each customer satisfy their own take on what parts and components are right for them. We just have to make the bike meet the road bike standards. :)

Ted

Without a doubt!

Without a doubt, y'all definitely "... have great bicycle frame designs." John, as well as making the bike meet the road bike standards :)!

Guess I really "knew" the answer to my own question ... just had to "voice it" out loud, so to speak ...

I'm really infatuated with the idea of the electronic shifting (the Shimano Ultegra Di2) on the Silvio. But, with the front end of the Silvio already relatively heavy, how would an additional 4-5 lbs (1.8 - 2.3kg) affect it, if at all? I'd have to switch my triple to a double or compact double since the Di2 will only work with two rings, as of now, at least.

Just dreaming of the possibilities ... :)!

Ted

Tyaitch

Keep us posted

If anyone does fit the DI2 to a Silvio do keep us posted. I'd be interested to hear how it goes....
My mind says it's not going to make much difference but my heart tells me to give it a try.
Cheers
TH

fthills

Hi Th,
As you can imagine

Hi Th,

As you can imagine eannicholls experiences will be closely followed , here is a link with his early experiences:

http://cruzbike.com/di2-my-silvio