Bike Fit for Power and Muscle Engagement

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Does anyone have any numbers showing in watts certain adjustments provide more/less power?
I don't have any numbers so the quick answer is no, I don't have any that support or debunk that theory. Someone else probably does so I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

My cleats on all 3 shoes are set, so I can pick out any shoes and be off without any irritation. 1 thing I do is that after my warm up and when my legs start getting tired and my perceived power starts dropping, I scoot forward just a tad in my seat and start mashing on the pedals. My power increases back up to where it should be, and it feels like my hamstrings get to recover for a bit. I stay in that position for as long as I can, and slide back down to the original position to slow my cadence down a bit by trying to put more effort into pulling the pedals down in the power stroke. Occasionally when all the wires between my head and leg muscles are connected properly and there are no distractions I can mash and pull at the same time, but those ZEN moments don't happen often or long enough.