Bike Rack for Silvio

Elaine

Anyone been able to find/use a trailer hitch bike rack 'as is' for their Silvio without modification? If so, please share your success.

Thanks.
Elaine

super slim

Zen MBB Master
trailer hitch bike rack

dear Elaine,
I use a standard 3 bike rack with vellcro straps and remove the rear wheel, which takes 30 secs, and hold the bike on the rack via the front triangle. see photo

Ted

Silvio bike rack

I'm able to carry both my Silvio and mountain bike on my hitch rack without a modifications or taking wheels off. Will upload pics when I figure out how from home computer - on iPhone now, where the pics are also located.

Ted

Ted

Silvio Bike Rack

Okay, here are 3 pictures of my two bicycle hitch mount bike rack with the wire "hoops" for the wheels and center J hooks. The J hooks are different "heights". If put on the stem one way, they are at a 45 degree angle to the right, put on the stem the other way and they angle to the left.

Don't know if I'll be able to upload all three three pictures at same time or individually. Here comes ...

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Highland SportWing Hitch Rack

I have been extremely pleased with this rack. It carries bikes by their wheels, and secures the frame to the "wings" using long Velcro straps. I bought a Ford Transit Connect for its high roofline and tall doors to carry recumbents, but I find that I can assemble and mount this rack faster than I can fold the seats down inside the Transit.

http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Highland/1370400.html

rid22397_r1_800.jpg

eTrailer was great to work with, and answered all my nerd tech questions before I bought the rack. I carried a Quest 1.0 and a Vision R40 all the way to Orlando and back without any issues with the bikes moving around or making noise, and the carrying straps never loosened or gave me a bit of worry. The bikes are held high enough where crossing road grades are not a concern, but their not way up in the wind and can bee seen-over when backing up. The vastly different frames of the Quest and the Vision were accommodated equally well.

Me Likey.

Cheers,

Doug