Bike rack

Rogerreece

I use a 1UP Quick Rack. I leave the rack on my car all the time. It flips up when not in use, and you really don't notice it's there. It's mounted on a 2" hitch mount.

Bill Osler

I have a Kuat Sherpa that works OK. I have to tilt my bike to allow the swinging arm to hook over the front wheel (between the front wheel and the boom) and I use a Velcro strap on the front wheel as a precaution but I've never had any problems with a V20, S40 or T50 on the rack.

5duece

I use the Kuat bike rack. It can adjust on the fly so can take several different types (no trike) and can expand from 1-4 bikes. MTB take a little adjusting since the handlebars are wide like the cruzbikes can be but still not a issue. I like that I can take it off in 30 seconds and put back on in 90 although we seem to go everywhere with it on. It folds nice when not is use and the 2 bike mode so we can still open the hatch for groceries or whatever. Probably why it doesn't come off plus we use it 4-7 times a week. Mounts to a 2'' hitch mount as well.

Gary Hudson

This is how I did mine, except I moved the wheel contact part down instead of adding another piece. I think it might keep the wheel from shifting a little better my way, and since it is attached by a wing nut it only takes a couple of minutes to move it down. (I see yours does not use a wing nut so it would be a little harder.)

Rogerreece

That works. I have a lot of odd-size bikes so I am constantly changing the contact points because of the varying wheel sizes and wheelbase lengths. The 1UP locks are easy to move up and down, and they hold the bikes securely.

Hey!! I just submitted a question to customer service on this exact setup. I currently have a P-38 and my 1UP works great. Looking to get into a Q45 for the suspension and the rail trails I ride but with a healthy investment in my 1UP racks I wanted to ensure I can transport the bike w/o issue. Do you have to adjust the front boom during transport? Your pic looks like it's not close to the 2 o'clock position that my P-38 has on the front wheel with the bracket. I was thinking I'd have to constantly adjust the front boom before and after riding to get it securely on the 1UP rack specifically the front wheel. Thanks in advance! Scott

Rogerreece

I don't have a Q45 but I have a Sofrider, and it works fine. I have a 1UP rack on both of my cars, and I use them for some pretty odd-size bikes, including 4 different Cruzbikes, a Phantom-D, and 3 different Elliptigos. Wheels range from 20" to 29". I can't imagine you would have a problem with your Q45.