Bike Sebring is happening in 2024 - March 23

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
19 hour drive..... Looks for training plans and mutters about not noticing this for 20 days...

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
19 hour drive..... Looks for training plans and mutters about not noticing this for 20 days...
I have found the jet plane greatly reduces travel time! ;)
Plus in the end cheaper than wear and tear on your vehicle for than many miles.
Hope you guys can come! - Sorry I did not send you a personal invite. :(

ratz

I have found the jet plane greatly reduces travel time! ;)
It's the getting the bikes on the plane costs + rental car cost that adds up quickly. Rent a truck with unlimited mileage and drive may be the ticket. Right now I'm just grossing about the 40 days of no training I allowed because of work. Didn't stop me from building new plan and starting today. just in case.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
It's the getting the bikes on the plane costs + rental car cost that adds up quickly. Rent a truck with unlimited mileage and drive may be the ticket. Right now I'm just grossing about the 40 days of no training I allowed because of work. Didn't stop me from building new plan and starting today. just in case.
I really hope you guys can make it on your Bling'd out V20C - With the popularity of Sebring with recumbents in general in Florida and he extra push ftom Cruzbike I'm hoping this will be largest gathering of Cruzbikes ever!
p.s. If you do the "rent the truck" thing - I would sugget throwing your Silvio 2.19 in it and see if a buyer shows up in Sebring for you.

ratz

If you do the "rent the truck" thing
I am looking for ideas from people at this point because it would be fun to make it; it's the dreaded two-bikes-to-transport problem. Humans are easy; we have plenty of Airline miles in the bank, but the airplane bike cases are so flipping expensive; the best I find that I trust is the B&W Curve. I need to call them to see if the bikes fit in the newer Bike-Case-II. These 1x's come apart easily, but I wonder if I can trust them to soft side cases. This one does look like the best match currently available: https://sciconsports.com/us_en/aerocomfort-my19-mtb-bike-travel-bag-black-tp029200543. The problem I always hate about flying these days is rental cars big enough to handle the bike cases are running $1k +

Meanwhile, I've been looking at renting a sprinter van or small RV (The dilemma of being between trucks at the moment); everything I've dug up put getting to the race at >$3k-4k.

So, fly or drive, we are out of my cheapskate budget [ code for I'm still paying for the bikes themselves :) ]

I'm not giving up yet; I was plotting to do qty 2 1-way U-haul rentals, get there, dump the trunk, hang out 3 days, and get another one for going the other way.

Bright ideas ?? share them.

Flying Dutchman

I am looking for ideas from people at this point because it would be fun to make it; it's the dreaded two-bikes-to-transport problem. Humans are easy; we have plenty of Airline miles in the bank, but the airplane bike cases are so flipping expensive; the best I find that I trust is the B&W Curve. I need to call them to see if the bikes fit in the newer Bike-Case-II. These 1x's come apart easily, but I wonder if I can trust them to soft side cases. This one does look like the best match currently available: https://sciconsports.com/us_en/aerocomfort-my19-mtb-bike-travel-bag-black-tp029200543. The problem I always hate about flying these days is rental cars big enough to handle the bike cases are running $1k +

Meanwhile, I've been looking at renting a sprinter van or small RV (The dilemma of being between trucks at the moment); everything I've dug up put getting to the race at >$3k-4k.

So, fly or drive, we are out of my cheapskate budget [ code for I'm still paying for the bikes themselves :) ]

I'm not giving up yet; I was plotting to do qty 2 1-way U-haul rentals, get there, dump the trunk, hang out 3 days, and get another one for going the other way.

Bright ideas ?? share them.
Sometimes here in the UK it makes more sense to actually *buy* a van that is technically sound but shows its wear. Use it for a month and then sell it for similar money. Now that every man and his dog do deliveries, there is a very vibrant market for small vans.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
10% of me wants to come represent but the other 90% remembers how boring timed road events are. Best of luck