Calling out White Silvio

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I saw a picture of your bike on another site, maybe the Oz hpv site? Anyway, I, for one, would love to see more pics of the white silvio and hear all about how it is you came to have it.

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: She belongs to a man in Brisbane, Australia.

Yeah, I know, but he's registered on this board. I was trying to coax him into bragging about her a little.

Mark

Nanda H.

Mark B wrote: I saw a picture of your bike on another site, maybe the Oz hpv site? Anyway, I, for one, would love to see more pics of the white silvio and hear all about how it is you came to have it.

Mark

Please post it here eh :D

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Nanda H. wrote:
Mark B wrote: I saw a picture of your bike on another site, maybe the Oz hpv site? Anyway, I, for one, would love to see more pics of the white silvio and hear all about how it is you came to have it.

Mark

Please post it here eh :D

I found the Yahoo group, which the white Silvio used to be on the front page. They put something else up, now. So, it's all up to WhiteSilvio!

Mark

WhiteSilvio

Hi there Mark,
It's WhiteSilvio here, but most people know me as John, not to be confused with John T.
I'd like to be able to tell you a tale of how I came by my white Silvio, but it really is a very simple thing. When I ordered my bike as part of the original Pilot production run of twelve, there was a point in the order form which said,
Check this box for a black frame, check this box for a White frame, and yes, you guessed it, I checked the box for white.

And low and behold there arrived in a box, from Taiwan, a frame of very pale colour, in fact some would argue not even a colour at all. Now this whole process took a while longer than I had hoped and I was disappointed not to have the bike sooner. But I got it in the end.

Now apparently I was either the only white bike or there was another one in the system. I haven't been able to establish with any certainty if there is indeed another white Silvio or not, but to date I haven't seen a picture of one on the websites.
In correspondence with John T he seems to be indicating that Cruzbike haven't shipped another white frame, although there was some talk, and even a photo, of a goldy-yellow frame somewhere in the system.

The picture that was on the WAhpv Yahoo group was indeed my bike, and John T posted it there soon after I sent him two pictures of my bike just to prove to him that I had in fact finished the basic building of the bike. (Well with a little help from my LBS who put the running gear on).

John T has been encouraging me to take a few photos of the bike and post them somewhere, but I haven't got around to it just yet. I've been a bit "preoccupied" with other issues in my life, but given enough time, I'm quite likely to take a few more photos. Currently I only have two pictures, one of which you have already observed.

So there you go Mark. Not really very exciting, but I could be persuaded to make something up! Not!

Regards, John R. Brisbane Australia.
PS I live only about a matter of a kilometre or so from another Silvio rider who has a ubiquitous black Silvio.
I've attached one of the pictures, not the same as the WAhpv one, but similar!
77_3383685d6f223a4e9accdc67dff450bb

WhiteSilvio

Why thanks Hotdog, but I think John T deserves the credit for the design (oh and Tom Traylor too!)
John R. :cool:

Nanda H.

Looks like a compact FSA crank set...is that correct John II :D

The white bar tape looks at home with that scheme. I am still dreaming for a Silverio to

WhiteSilvio

Hi Nanda,
It is a compact crank set, 50/34 chainrings, but it is standard Shimano Ultegra. Currently it has 175mm cranks but I'm having these swapped for 170mm length in the near future.
Just of interest the cassette on the bike is an 11/23 Ultegra unit, in fact all the gear is Ultegra as this is what the "donor" bike I bought had on it, including the derailleurs front and rear.
Regards, John R. :cool:

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Digging Up an Old Thread

I met the owner of a second white Silvio in North Carolina. He let me take his beauty for a test ride after only a few minutes of riding the Sofrider. All I can say is that in white, the Silvio is stunning.