Cannondale Cruzbike

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Redid the Cannondale Cruzbike headset adapter today and its plenty strong. Used thinwall tubing and 2 stems.Plan on taking it for a nice long ride tomorrow. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Jack,

I forgot why you had to do all that to the Cannondale. Was that a different size steer tube?

Mark

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Same steer tube.Old adapter was hose clamps ,ubolts and pcv.I like the steel set up better. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: Same steer tube.Old adapter was hose clamps ,ubolts and pcv.I like the steel set up better. Jack

Yeah, I remember that, I just couldn't remember why you had to do the adaptation to start. I went back to the Google site and found your post... I forgot about the 1.50" headset. I agree, this looks better than the PVC adaptation you had.

Mark

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Went back to the EVO Sport bars and like them better than the cruiser bars. The bike seems more solid feel so you become one with the bike. The cruiser bars were 27in wide the EVO bars are 22in.When I get the wider bars for the Silvio both bikes will have close to the same riding poition. Jack

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: Went back to the EVO Sport bars and like them better than the cruiser bars. The bike seems more solid feel so you become one with the bike. The cruiser bars were 27in wide the EVO bars are 22in.When I get the wider bars for the Silvio both bikes will have close to the same riding position. Jack
That will be interesting Jack, you will be comparing bikes without too much differences in ergonomics getting in the way. This will help your conditioning to be optimum on each .. so performances differences on the flat will come down to aero. The Silvio is made very clean aero-wise on the back half, I think this is partly why it goes so well even though it is not so laid back as some Barchettas for example.