Cannondale H400 as donor?

gymbnz

I've been looking at different used bikes locally to put the conversion kit onto. Here are a few I have seen on the forum and one I haven't and I'm just asking for the educated cruzbike masses opinions as to which my be my best option.

Cannondale H400 (see picture). This bike is local to me i think I can get it for $150 and it is in good shape. Has 700cc wheels, fairly low top bar (26.6 inches), 18" frame, and comes in around 26lbs. Also I assume the components are better than any wally world bike would be. Are there any disadvantages to this frame, I don't have a kit in hand yet so I'm not that famiiliar? I think this frame repainted might look pretty sweet.

Other options, I can see the benefit of a smaller kids bike retrofitted with 650cc wheels, kinda Bachetta Strada feel.

Trek 220 girls bike, one near me on Craiglist. I have long legs and one concern was that the smaller frame may not give me enough adjustment. How much of an issue is this?

Next Tiara: Popular I know, i've been searching the forum. My only question is what was the finished weight on the bike after conversion?

Thanks for your help and hopefully I'll be putting picture of a finished product, and not asking questions, before long.

defjack

Zen MBB Master
I would sit on the crosstube and if both your feet are flat on the ground go for it.The Cannondale is light and will handle great.The only reason I took my kit off the Cannondale was the 1.5in headshock.My adapter wasnt that strong. Jack