Conversion kit with V2/K frame set

BobD

IMG_1114.jpg height: 376px;

I finished my kit yesterday morning and then went out for a ride. After following the "how to ride a Cruzbike" plan....all went well! I HIGHLY recommend newcomers to follow the "how to ride a Cruzbike" suggestions and plan.... I really enjoyed....

Again....KUDOS to John and Doug.....without their immediate responses to my Tech alerts I would never have finished this bent!

For those who are ready to or in the process of building this kit....I'll include a few more pics for you to look at and highly recommend your searching the Archives. There is great stuff in these Archives!

IMG_1125.jpg height: 376px;

My cockpit. I used a bunch of components that I had taken off of other bikes. Although my preference is for bar end shifters with Paul Thumbies, I had these Sram grip shifters sitting around....and they are actually great to use. I found a used Rans bar to use.

IMG_1117.jpg height: 376px;

I decided to use some electrical tape as a base, then with electrical zip ties to anchor the cables....so far so good. I picked up a pair of Avid SD7 V-Brakes.

IMG_1132.jpg width: 376px;

I discovered from a suggestion from Doug and then my LBS that the best way to maximize the directional pull required for the FD was to encase the shifter cable with the tube from the housing....and wrap it around the bottom bracket around back to the FD. It works beautifully, and I now understand from Doug that this is what is done with the Silvio and Vendetta.

Well....off to my second day of riding a Cruzbike!!!
Bob

BobD

Thanks Jeff.....
I just

Thanks Jeff.....
I just switched out the tires from 1 1/2 hybrid/mtn to Conti 1 1/8 road tires.
Temps should go up to low 40's today....plan to check out the acceleration/handling differences.

Really looking forward to seeing your build and hearing about it's handling....a very cool looking bike!

BobD

Thanks Jeff.....
I just

Thanks Jeff.....
I just switched out the tires from 1 1/2 hybrid/mtn to Conti 1 1/8 road tires.
Temps should go up to low 40's today....plan to check out the acceleration/handling differences.

Really looking forward to seeing your build and hearing about it's handling....a very cool looking bike!