Cruiser bars

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Cruiser bars are one solution to knee clearance problems.These are from Electra with 2 1/2 in cut off a little too much but they work. Jack

Rick Harker

Hi Jack,

Very interesting bars there. I have a Sofrider 2 and never been quite comfortable with the original bars.
Yours look like your knees go under the bar resulting in being able to put your seat where you want it.
How does the bike ride?

Regards,

Rick.

defjack

Zen MBB Master
The bike rides great and their is no butt pain at all. I really like the whole package. Rode it today and was going 14 to 22 on level beach path about as fast as the Silvio. Jack

rearengine

HI! I went with TWEENER like bars after riding my son's Bacchetta. They are from a Schwinn beach cruiser. 22" at mid grip. I like them mainly because there's nothing in the line of sight . They probably wouldin't work well for a big person,That i'm not.. I realy like the looks of the Origin 8 bars, but they would have to be much higher for knee clearance. Nice pic Jack!! Take care Bill

Kamatu

I cannot even stand the idea of my knees coming up behind the bars. OTOH, I'm not really sure what I'll want in a bar right now. One of the wider bars would help, but I think I'm going to wait for a bit more. I'm doing fine on with the original bar for now, I just cannot wrap my fingers around the grips since the clearance is that tight between my knees and the bar, but I don't find it unnatural to ride with my palms on top of the grips and fingers on the brake levers.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
The one thing that is great about the Silvio is the ability to dial knee clearance in the TFT, much moreso than the other bikes.

Mark