Cruzbike Conversion

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Very attractive!

(nice effect with the water, BTW... )

Takes some doing to produce a bike looking that nice.

Good on ya!

Have fun,

Doug

Rick Harker

Howyagoin' mate,

So, how are you finding the learning curve so far.

Your bike looks great. Did you have any trouble getting it together?

Hope to see some pics of you in motion soon.

By the way, whats the rack you have on the back?

Regards,

Rick.

ozcruza

Hey thanks for the complement about my new cruzbike, The only problem I had was the bottom of the fork legs needed a piece cut out of each leg to position the drive wheel bracket, the brackets probably would have fit had I angled them forward and used large spacers above on the front legs but I the way I've done it looks quite neat, coz it's a cheap mtb it didn't really worry me about stuffing it up, the front forks still work fine....As for riding it, every day seems to be getting better, I can jump curbs, ride no hands, the bike is feeling much friendlier, every time I go out on it I get this smile on my face....I still get a bit wobbly taking off in some circumstances and also find it difficult to do quick manouvers although I managed to miss a car door opening yesterday but it all comes with experience and it wont be long til it all second nature....Cheers...Linz (ozcruza)

Rick Harker

Very nice,

Looks like you are handy with the camera too.

Very good to read about your handling of the bike. No hands! Phew! already.

I've tried that to get the feel through the feet for steering and not over peddling to cause the "wobble". One hand is OK. Light holding is OK with minor corrections but flying like a seagull... forget it... Yet!
In other posts there is mention of pulling up on the bars whilst accelerating hard and this works for me too.

I also find doing figure eights in an empty car park helps confidence too. And the fun factor, I know what they all talk of now.

Regards,

Rick.

Kamatu

The fork brackets look like the only tricky bit, the rest does look like it is plug and play for the most part.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Kamatu wrote: The fork brackets look like the only tricky bit, the rest does look like it is plug and play for the most part.

10-4... That's citizens band radio talk for "You betcha".

ozcruza

Hey thanks Rick, I try to take the camera with me whenever I go ridin' Gets better every day and those big empty carparks are great. cheers !! Linz