Cruzbike Time Trial Challenge 2021

Just getting a thread started for 2021. Hopefully we'll have something going again this year. I've been testing out my course and it has the potential to be fast on a light winds day.

M.J

I've got my course set, just waiting for the go-ahead to make it public.
Unless maybe we want to do 10 miles this year...

My course this year is a loop, but I can only manage 11 miles/17.2km in safety. Not sure whether that will make getting PBs harder over a shorter course, or easier as I have one less mile of purgatory each time

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hello everyone,
I have committed to running and managing a new challenge for Cruzbike for 2021 - It will probably be called the "Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge 2021" - and will enail riding 3000 miles over the course of the challenge which will most likely start during the first week in May and run for 26 weeks.

I am unfortunately not going to have the time needed to dedicate to a TT challenge for this year too.
I am happy to hand over a template of my original spreadsheet if someone else would like to publicize and run it.
If interested, please email me at larryoslund@gmail.com

Thanks, Larry

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Looking forward to the Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge 2021 Larry. Thank you for committing to running and managing it. I'm not sure if I'll also join the TT challenge or not, but I am not good at organizing or running those kinds of events so I'll have to pass on that offer.

McWheels

Off the long run
Hmmm, 3000 miles in 26 weeks. That's 500 miles a month, or 120 a week (give or take). So 10 times the miles I was doing in the last challenge. If I can commute twice a week when lockdown becomes less strict, that'll be just under 100 miles, but then I'm still a couple of hours short. And there's cricket - a lot of cricket, plus fixing up the house, and, and, and...

I may defer this one on the basis of it not being high enough up the batting order.

LarryOz

Hmmm, 3000 miles in 26 weeks. That's 500 miles a month, or 120 a week (give or take). So 10 times the miles I was doing in the last challenge. If I can commute twice a week when lockdown becomes less strict, that'll be just under 100 miles, but then I'm still a couple of hours short. And there's cricket - a lot of cricket, plus fixing up the house, and, and, and...

I may defer this one on the basis of it not being high enough up the batting order.
You will be able to count indoor miles too if that helps. :)

So far this year, I'm averaging about 130km a week, so around 80 miles, including indoor miles. Adding 50% to that is not realistic for me. I'll stick with my timetrial course.

LarryOz

I’m in. Where do I sign up? Is it for 3000 miles to Cure Cancer?
Cruzbike is finalizing the rules for the challenge - should be out very soon.
My guess it will start 2 weeks from today and the weeks will run Mon-Sun - Then on the following Mon I look at your Strava miles and elevation for the previous week and add it to your totals the spreadsheet. It will be much simpler. I will not do all kinds of Power, HR, speed, max speed, etc for this challenge. Most likely just miles and elevation gained weekly and total amount for the challenge.

There will probably be a component to sign up for a fund raising for "3000 miles to a Cure" but it will not be required.

LarryOz

You could set up a club in Strava and it would do it for you Larry.....
Thanks Don - Great idea at least for the current and previous week - Can the club give a running total starting from a certain week?