Cruzbike Vendetta V2 stolen - RECOVERED!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have apparently been scammed in my attempt to have a Cruzbike delivered to me!
I am reporting a Cruzbike Vendetta V2 stolen and I would like everyone to "keep an eye out" if they see one suddenly pop up for sale.
(I have reported it to the police, so if anyone sees an ad for one please let me know immediately, so I can at least forward the info to them and they can investigate it.)
Quick History:

I paid "Ralph" for the Vendetta (he lives in Atlanta) and posted an ad on Craiglist for someone to drive it to me (from Atl to Savannah Area) for $50 if they were heading that way
I contracted through Craigslist with a guy "unnamed at this time" to drive it from Atl to Savannah area.
On the evening of August 28, 2021 "the guy" picked up this Vendetta from Ralph in Atlanta. (Ralph confirmed he matched his ID photo)
On the way, "the guy" asked me to pay-pal him for gas, but I told him I would pay him cash when he delivered it.
The next day (Aug 29) he told me :
"I told you send paypal for gas you declined. Therefore you did not meet terms of our agreement."
At this point I could see his intent was to not bring me this bike as we originally agreed. Maybe that was his plan all along??
I never agreed to these terms (that I was supposed to pay-pal him for gas before he delivered it) that he indicated.
I tried to text back and forth with him, but he continued to say that I ignored his terms.
So odd that he sent me a photo of his Driver's LIcense - and I also have a picture of his RV with him standing beside it where can see the Vendetta in it.

Attached is picture of the Vendetta, and one of it in his motorhome with the bike in it.
Again, please keep an eye out for one that comes up for sale that matches this -thanks so much
Larry Oslund
larryoslund@gmail.com
828-216-7860

Cruzbike Vendetta from Ralph Lord.jpg
Vendetta in RV.jpeg

Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
Oh no that’s terrible. Hopefully it will turn out alright. So sorry this is happening.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
What a nightmare Larry. It is hard to imagine that he would do that after providing a pic of his driver's license and having a pic of him with it in his vehicle. I hope you can get it resolved soon and get your bike.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Larry, praying for law enforcement to find him and detain him until such a time as you can get this fully resolved. The Lord, see, knows, and hears, your heart and is working on your behalf. :emoji_pray::emoji_pray::emoji_pray::emoji_pray::emoji_pray:

CruzLike

Guru
Sorry to hear about the dilemma your in. While reading your story, I was impressed by all the things I thought you did right. You have pictures and ID of the driver. In hind sight a pic of the license plate could be helpful.

LarryOz

Update on my "stolen Vendetta" issue

The short version:
After talking to 3 different Police in as many states, I finally found a sympathetic ear in Brevard County, FL : where my good friend JIm Parker was able to get a contact for me through a friend of his
This is where the guy that has my Vendetta has his residence listed.
The Deputy checked the guy out and found he was a CI for their office sometimes "with drug related things"
He told me since the bike was not "taken" in their area (and to him it was also a civil matter) he could not file a report, but I might have luck talking someone where I live into filing a report.
However, he said he would call the guy and see if he could convince him to return the Vendetta to me.
Long story .... longer:
The Deputy called the guy and told him he was in possession of stolen property and he could be prosecuted for Larceny if he did not return it.
The guy told the Deputy that all he wanted was $80 for gas and he would drop it off at the nearest bike shop.
The Deputy called me back and told me that I would probably have to risk another $80 and pay the guy and hope he would drop it off.
In for a penny, in for a pound I guess: after burning more brain cells and prayer: I went ahead and pay-pal'd the guy $80.
He called me about an hour later and said he dropped it off at the Charleston Bicycle Center in WV.
(He did yell at me and warn me if I did file a report on his that he would "do things" to Vendetta that I cannot repeat in mixed company - what colorful character!

I called the bike shop and sure enough: they had the Vendetta. I agreed to pay them to pack and ship it to me and gave them the requested information.
Looks like probably another $200 and I'll have the Vendetta - Of course I won't believe it until I see it, and who knows if the guy scratched it up just for spite - but we shall see!

Wow - what an ordeal - this will sure make me think at least 5 times before trying something like this again!
After all that has transpired, this is probably about the best that could have happened

Thanks for all the prayers, suggestions, etc to help resolve.
I'll post a picture of it when I finally get it!
Larry

Rick Moore

Update on my "stolen Vendetta" issue

The short version:
After talking to 3 different Police in as many states, I finally found a sympathetic ear in Brevard County, FL : where my good friend JIm Parker was able to get a contact for me through a friend of his
This is where the guy that has my Vendetta has his residence listed.
The Deputy checked the guy out and found he was a CI for their office sometimes "with drug related things"
He told me since the bike was not "taken" in their area (and to him it was also a civil matter) he could not file a report, but I might have luck talking someone where I live into filing a report.
However, he said he would call the guy and see if he could convince him to return the Vendetta to me.
Long story .... longer:
The Deputy called the guy and told him he was in possession of stolen property and he could be prosecuted for Larceny if he did not return it.
The guy told the Deputy that all he wanted was $80 for gas and he would drop it off at the nearest bike shop.
The Deputy called me back and told me that I would probably have to risk another $80 and pay the guy and hope he would drop it off.
In for a penny, in for a pound I guess: after burning more brain cells and prayer: I went ahead and pay-pal'd the guy $80.
He called me about an hour later and said he dropped it off at the Charleston Bicycle Center in WV.
(He did yell at me and warn me if I did file a report on his that he would "do things" to Vendetta that I cannot repeat in mixed company - what colorful character!

I called the bike shop and sure enough: they had the Vendetta. I agreed to pay them to pack and ship it to me and gave them the requested information.
Looks like probably another $200 and I'll have the Vendetta - Of course I won't believe it until I see it, and who knows if the guy scratched it up just for spite - but we shall see!

Wow - what an ordeal - this will sure make me think at least 5 times before trying something like this again!
After all that has transpired, this is probably about the best that could have happened

Thanks for all the prayers, suggestions, etc to help resolve.
I'll post a picture of it when I finally get it!
Larry
Larry:
So glad it all worked out!

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
The testimony regarding the kind of person you have been throughout this experience, speaks volumes. Knowing the Lord gives us a perspective that the world does not have. I'll say a prayer for the "bad guy" tonight too. He definitely needs help...as did we all at one point in time. ;-)

jond

Zen MBB Master
Oh larry mate what a nightmare. At least it is headed further in the right direction.

let us know the finale.

LarryOz

Pleased things are working out for you
I hope so.. although "the bike shop" has had the Vendetta now since Tues and I have not heard from them. I don't want to but them about it.. but if I don't hear from them by Tues, then I guess I will have to. :D