"Deep V" seating difficult?

On the Yahoo site, I see a few conversions on bikes with a deep V-shape at the top-tube/down-tube joint. For example, the Cannondale V series, or the Gary Fisher Joshua's.

1. Is is difficult to get the Cruzbike conversion kit seat to work with that kind of top bar (does it take a lot of fabricating or shimming)?

2. How well do these kind of conversions perform?

moose

The better the base bike, the better the performance of the finished product. I have said it many times but I had a garage full of all different types of recumbents when I built what I thought would just a fun project. The fun project wiped out every recumbent I had. I owned 3 custum BikeE rx's built to ride off road. I had a Rans Vivo, Rocket Vrex, and custom V2. I tricked out a used Orca with carbon seat and 63 speeds. I have a freind help me build this fwd Cruzbike and it goes and does what none of the others could do. The more I rode it the more bikes I got rid of. Today I ride my Cruzbike and have kept my Vrex..........cuz I hauled it all over the U.S. ............but I ride it very little.
The kit allowed me to take what I like about recumbents and build out what I did'nt like............ie........the long chain........poor climbing.......and low road profile. I now have a recumbent that climbs well........sets up high cuz that's the way I built it..........has a normal chain and no idlers. Best of all I can now beat even roadies because all I have to do is challenge them to a race............hands off.