Doug, thanks for the help

Doug, thanks again for the advice on re-assembling the Sofrider V1 stem.

In fact, the assembly seemed a little too easy...I hope I did it right. I tightened that top hex, and then (loosened and then) retightened the two smaller hex bolts right below that, on the stem. Then snugged the top bolt again. That seemed to do it.

I couldn't tell how this top bolt made a difference in the feel of the bearings, though. My wife and I have been riding the bike in a parking lot a few times to begin to get used to it, and it seems to steer OK, allowing for the fact that it just feels different anyway.

My wife, who does not ride bikes, loves it, and seems pretty comfortable with it already. I am so used to a normal road bike, that I am far from relaxed on it yet, but I am keen to keep practicing. Sometimes it seems to want to turn opposite the way I want to go, or to want to go straight instead of turn, or to veer instead of go straight...

As I get used to the bike, and want to upgrade it into more of road bike feel, I'd like to know what upgrades you did to your V1 (other than the tires, which you already commented on in a different post).

Thanks again for the technical help.
Best wishes,
David

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Hi David,

Thanks very much for letting me know the bike is working for you. I'm particularly pleased that your wife is enjoying the bike.

Just hollar is there's anything else you need - there's quite a brain trust around here on these bikes.

Any time you wanna chat about V-1 mods, just lemme know.

Best,