Egg beater cleats

Sonnybea

Sunday morning I got my S40 ready for a solo ride. Took off from my house about a mile away from home I tried to unclip from my right foot. No luck I lost one cleat screw could not unclip from the pedal.
I had to remove my sandle that was a site to see. Finally got the sandle off the pedal and rode home
I have been riding eggbeaters since 2002 never has this happened
So for now on I will check the cleat screws on a regular basis

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Thanks for reminding me Sonnybea. The other day I noticed a boom clamp was a bit loose, so I tightened it as well as check the bar clamps, BB clamps, and screws on the cranks. Just gotta remember to do the shoes more often.

Opik

I wonder what kind of screws and other connections on the bike that I need grease and what are the kinds that need loctite

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I wonder what kind of screws and other connections on the bike that I need grease and what are the kinds that need loctite
Winter is always a great time to tear down and rebuild the bike and components: replace, repaire, clean, grease, tighten as needed. It's like having a new bike!

xtalbike

While you’re at check the chain ring bolts! Discovered 80 miles into a century when the hills started and the inner ring was unusable. Fortunately not so steep that I couldn’t struggle up in the big ring.

Attachments

• 61C54AF4-50D8-4B78-8E89-34E53654A930.jpeg
    61C54AF4-50D8-4B78-8E89-34E53654A930.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Today’s temp is a high of 84F. When it gets in the 60s, I am chilly. I actually like riding when it is in the 90s. I have ridden when it is 100 before. I drink plenty of water. As long as you are moving; the breeze you generate keeps you cooler.

In the summer here I wear a long sleeved rash guard shirt under my cycling shirt, and some leggings that are kind of like a skin suit of a similar material, all doused in a bit of water every hour or so. And of course the V20 provides the speed if there is no breeze ;)

In Winter I wear essentially the same thing although with a thicker layer underneath, and try to keep my effort just under the sweating threshold. At 10C snowboard socks are substituted, fingerless gloves are put away for my Roekl Extra Warm gloves and when it gets to near 0C those gloves get a liner and my shoes get a covering. Not sure which I like better, but I find myself wishing for the other kind of weather regardless of which I am riding in :D

Frito Bandito, post: “Not sure which I like better, but I find myself wishing for the other kind of weather regardless of which I am riding in :D

I wear shorts and a cycling shirt. Sometimes I need a jacket. I definitely like warmer weather better. No wishes for different weather, I am quite happy with summer all year long. No dealing with cold feet, cold hands, or cold ears is the best!

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Frito Bandito, post: “Not sure which I like better, but I find myself wishing for the other kind of weather regardless of which I am riding in :D

I wear shorts and a cycling shirt. Sometimes I need a jacket. I definitely like warmer weather better. No wishes for different weather, I am quite happy with summer all year long. No dealing with cold feet, cold hands, or cold ears is the best!
I can't hear you LALALALALALALALALA