EXPIRED - V2/K - $500 - Escondido, CA

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Found on Craigslist,

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/6111015430.html

00F0F_7iPU9zcHzR7_600x450.jpg

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I am new to Cruzbikes so what is a V2/K. Is it between a Qx and a Silvio?
It is a legacy frame-kit, no longer offered.
Way back when (I think I bought mine in 2009), Cruzbike offered a "conversion kit" that would convert a fairly common Y-frame MTB into a Cruzbike. After a very short while, the most appropriate of the Y-frame bikes got very difficult to source and Cruzbike decided to offer their own frame to match the original kit.
The V2/k is no longer available. They're very nice bikes (I have two) and offer hot-rodders like me a very good (and inexpensive) basis for building up a bike.
The new T-50 basically takes its place in the lineup...although it has no suspension and is also offered as a complete bike as well as a frame-kit.

1happyreader

zen/child method
I am new to Cruzbikes so what is a V2/K. Is it between a Qx and a Silvio?
This site would benefit from a history page.
Tolhurst (spelling ??) offered a conversion kit that fit on a Y framed mountain bike.(year ??)
The Sofrider is a complete bike built with many off the shelf Y framed mountain bike parts.(year??)
The V2/K was a Sofrider frameset that needed a fork and conversion kit .
The last of the V2/K's were built up by Robert Hollers company (rose city ?) and I think had the same forks as the Sofrider. That bike looks like one of the last ones.

Phongvu

Thanks. I contacted this fellow to see if he is willing to ship. I am looking for something this - similar to the Quest or QX series but a little more sexier like the Silvio.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
An excellent history of Cruzbike would be to read every post on every thread on this forum!o_Oo_O:)