Finally Did It

Tom Roberts

I finally went ahead and ordered a Silvio. I've been riding a Sofrider V2 for about 18 months and it's great. I have between 3 and 4 thousand miles on it. But dejack let me take a test ride on his Silvio and Mark B said he would help me with the build, so I decided to pull the trigger. I ordered Continental Gatorskin tires and Crank Brothers Quattro T4 pedals. These items have arrived, so now all that is needed is the frameset and the Campy components to attach them to. :) Hopefully the frameset and components will arrive this week or next. I've never owned a road bike before. Must have been waiting for the Silio to come along.

With the recent discussion about shorter cranks I thought they might be better for me, (5'-8" with a little knee pain after about 50 miles) but the component set only comes with 170mm cranks. If the knee pain persists I can get something shorter in the future.

Not sure if I will sell the Sofrider or hang on to it. We'll see.

I will let you know how the build goes and what my initial impressions of the bike are.

Tom

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Good for you Tom you will have a blast. You can try my bike with the shorter cranks . Jack