For Sale, Beautiful 650b 2019 S40, $3500 - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrogers

I got this bike frame (and all the included parts) new in anticipation of rotator cuff surgery that was going to keep me from riding for a long stretch. Nearly all its miles were done on a trainer in my basement while recuperating (maybe 100 outdoor miles, if that).

I built it as a distance/touring bike, but then found my bony rear, fondness for quick handling over speed, and tendency to go off road didn’t suit it well. Once I could ride a diamond frame again I haven’t touched it, and am finally accepting that much as I like the idea of it, it isn’t my cup of tea and I need to let it go.

The bike is built with an Ultegra drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes, matching a 34/50 crank (165mm arms) and 11-34 cassette. The wheels are hand made (by Angry Catfish Bicycle in Minneapolis), size 650b, using Hed Belgium rims, a White Industries hub on the drive wheel, and a SON dynamo on the rear (the dynamo is routed to the front but not connected to anything yet). I opted for 650b rims to provide clearance for bigger tires (with future fenders). It has Compass/ReneHerse Babyshoe Pass 42mm tires (supple, light, soft riding, and fast!). Ventisit pad, and Salsa Woodchipper bars.

I’d clearly prefer local (Minneapolis, MN area), but if you’re willing to pay for it, I will consider breaking it down and shipping it using shipbikes.com.

Thanks for looking!

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg

David Byrne

Howdy neighbor! We live in St Paul and would like to see your S40. My wife, Julie, and I are longtime Cruzbike riders.

Bo6

Looks like a nice build could not quite see which year of Ultergra it has, but I am interested if you would consider shipping to BC Canada.

Bob
Comox BC

Bo6

I got this bike frame (and all the included parts) new in anticipation of rotator cuff surgery that was going to keep me from riding for a long stretch. Nearly all its miles were done on a trainer in my basement while recuperating (maybe 100 outdoor miles, if that).

I built it as a distance/touring bike, but then found my bony rear, fondness for quick handling over speed, and tendency to go off road didn’t suit it well. Once I could ride a diamond frame again I haven’t touched it, and am finally accepting that much as I like the idea of it, it isn’t my cup of tea and I need to let it go.

The bike is built with an Ultegra drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes, matching a 34/50 crank (165mm arms) and 11-34 cassette. The wheels are hand made (by Angry Catfish Bicycle in Minneapolis), size 650b, using Hed Belgium rims, a White Industries hub on the drive wheel, and a SON dynamo on the rear (the dynamo is routed to the front but not connected to anything yet). I opted for 650b rims to provide clearance for bigger tires (with future fenders). It has Compass/ReneHerse Babyshoe Pass 42mm tires (supple, light, soft riding, and fast!). Ventisit pad, and Salsa Woodchipper bars.

I’d clearly prefer local (Minneapolis, MN area), but if you’re willing to pay for it, I will consider breaking it down and shipping it using shipbikes.com.

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 15362View attachment 15363View attachment 15364View attachment 15365View attachment 15366View attachment 15367View attachment 15368View attachment 15369View attachment 15370View attachment 15371
Looks like a nice build could not quite see which year of Ultergra it has, but I am interested if you would consider shipping to BC Canada.

Bob
Comox BC

xrogers

Bob
Comox BC
Hi Bob,

I don't know enough to say exactly, but can say the drivetrain was purchased in 2019, and here's the info from the receipt:

Shimano FC-R8000 Ultegra Double Crankset - 165mm x 34/50t
Shimano Bbr60 Ultegra Bottom Bracket
Shimano CS-Hg800 11-Speed Cassette
Shimano Ultegra Fd-R8000 Frnt Derailleur
Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000 11SP Derailleur GS Cage, 11 Speed, 34T Max
Shimano Ultegra ST-R8020 Hydro Shifters Set
Shimano BR-RS785 Road Disc Brake Calipers
Shimano XT Icetech Rotors
Shimano CN-HG701 Chain - 11 Speed w/Quick Link (Silver)

I'd consider shipping it most anywhere, but would want a little time to research best practices when shipping to another country.

Thanks for looking!

Clyde

Bo6

Hi Bob,

I don't know enough to say exactly, but can say the drivetrain was purchased in 2019, and here's the info from the receipt:

Shimano FC-R8000 Ultegra Double Crankset - 165mm x 34/50t
Shimano Bbr60 Ultegra Bottom Bracket
Shimano CS-Hg800 11-Speed Cassette
Shimano Ultegra Fd-R8000 Frnt Derailleur
Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000 11SP Derailleur GS Cage, 11 Speed, 34T Max
Shimano Ultegra ST-R8020 Hydro Shifters Set
Shimano BR-RS785 Road Disc Brake Calipers
Shimano XT Icetech Rotors
Shimano CN-HG701 Chain - 11 Speed w/Quick Link (Silver)

I'd consider shipping it most anywhere, but would want a little time to research best practices when shipping to another country.

Thanks for looking!

Clyde
Thanks just what I wanted to know. Thanks for considering the international shipping I know it'll take a bit of research, but I am interested. Not sure how to get the funds to you but will look into it.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.