For Sale: CruzBike Sofrider v2, custom build with Freerider handlebars

dzirkler

Pictures here: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/4600573374.html

I just moved to OR from AZ, and I want to pay off some bills and get a simple errand/beater bike instead.

I've spent over $1k in parts & service, plus a couple hundred hours building up this bike. A lot of it I consider the cost of doing cool things with bikes, so I know I wont get back what I put into it. I bought the frame from a former dealer in Europe. The only deficiency I can say is that the top bar had been cut short to allow the pedals to reach a shorter legged person. I'm 5'9", and have it extended about as far as I'm comfortable with. You may be able to set the seat back further with some ingenuity, but if you're 5'9" or less, you should have no problems with it.

This started out as a conversion kit, and V2K frame, with the Freerider bars. I took a 90s Cannondale MTB, as source for a lot of parts that I could salvage (which was much less than I thought, so a lot of parts are new), so the components are generally mid-grade. The bottom bracket, headset, cranks, derailleurs are all brand new, as is all cabling, the shifters and brake levers. I repacked the bearings in the wheels. Anything not replaced, was completely stripped down, cleaned, lubed and installed. This is one of the smoothest running bikes you'll find. It runs like new.

I've probably only put 200 or so miles on this bike since the rebuild, as my LWB recumbent is so much more comfortable for the commutes I was doing (loaded with change of clothes and computer in panniers). I used this bike for fun and speed when I could. I never got around to putting road/commuter tires on it, but it will fly if you do that! It's already plenty fast with the knobby tires on there.

You have two options to buy this bike, and it'll be your choice, depending on your budget, your skills as a bike mechanic, and how close the bike is to what you're looking for:

AS-IS OPTION: $850 + Shipping (Retail is $1255 new, with the Freerider handlebars)

Includes everything in the pictures:

Sofrider v2 frame
Freerider handlebars
CruzBike seat
NEW Headset installed
NEW Layback seat post
NEW Bottom bracket installed
NEW Crankset (3x)
NEW Front Derailleur
NEW Derailleur Hanger
Rear Derailleur Stripped/Cleaned/Lubed
NEW Grips
NEW Shifter/Brake Levers
NEW Chain
Metal Pedals
NEW Brake pads
V-Brakes (Stripped/Cleaned/Lubed)
NEW Cables throughout
Wheels (Bearings repacked, Cassette Stripped/Cleaned/Lubed)
NEW QR Skewers for wheels
Tires (not new, knobby)
Kickstand

FRAME ONLY OPTION: $475 + Shipping (Retail is $685 new, with the Freerider handlebars)

Includes only the following:

Sofrider v2 frame, including stock coil mid-frame rear shock
Freerider handlebars
CruzBike seat
NEW Headset installed
NEW Layback seat post
NEW Bottom bracket installed
NEW Derailleur Hanger

All other items will be removed before packing and shipping. This will save you on Shipping costs, and allow you to put your own components on the bike. I'll keep the rest of the components and put them on a new frame as my new errand bike. :)

I'm also open to all REASONABLE offers. Send to me, and we can talk. I don't want to part out the components other than what I've listed above.

If you want to know what shipping will cost, send me a note with your zip code, or calculate it yourself from zip code 97217, shipping weight is probably around 50+ lbs with packing materials for the whole bike, obviously less for just the frame. Since I just moved, I have lots of packing materials available and I'll use them at my own expense, you'll just pay for actual costs of shipping.

If you're local to Portland, let me know and you can do a test ride and look it over in person.

Also note that I'm cross-posting this on Craigslist, BROL and CruzBike forums.