Forum Login: A Suggestion or maybe a question regarding logging in.

WhiteSilvio

Hi,
I have used the new forum a little while now, (it hasn't been going that long has it) and I'm not sure if I'm missing something regarding using the forum or not.

My observation is that when one goes to the Forum section, after logging in on the Home page, that one isn't actually logged into the Forum.

Firsty is that correct? Or am I just getting into the Forum the "wrong way"?

So, assuming that I am not logged into the Forum, I then have to go to a post in order to get a Login Link. And after clicking on that I am able to log into the Forum.
Seems a bit circuitous to me.

Is it possible that there could be a "button"/Link on the front page of the Forum? Is there indeed one there that I haven't discovered?

I'd really like to know the answer to logging in as I find the experience a little frustating compared with the old forum. I knew where I was there and there was a Login on the Front page.

Regards,
John.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
One login for the whole site now

Hi John,
one login is all you need.

If you are visit the forum and not the home page, then we better have a login in button there somewhere on the forum page. I'll get on to this. Otherwise, set you browser to log you on automatically.

Best,
John

WhiteSilvio

One Login for the Whole Site

Hi John,
Thanks for clarifying that. I have say though that this is the first time I haven't had to "login twice". I must have been doing something wrong.
confused_smile.gif

A login button on the Forum page would be good though. I tend to manually login to most sites; I'm not so keen on automatic logins, the browser or other programs such as Norton keeping login details. So I login manually.
(I generally come straight to the Forum with a bookmark in my browser.)

That's just me though.
Regards,
John.

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Seems that every time I log

Seems that every time I log in, I have to enter username and password twice before I can get in. This is being done on the home page, not the forum page. Using Chrome on a machine running XP/SP3. Never had this happen on the old forum or site login unless I entered info incorrectly.

Thanks.

Jerry

KenM

Whenever I try to edit my

Whenever I try to edit my profile it doesn't recognise my password (saved in my browser) and I have to use the "forgotten password" system to let me in to that part of the site. Otherwise the system seems to be working nicely.
-Ken

WhiteSilvio

Editing Reply/comment Posts - How to?

Hi,
I've been trying to work out how to edit posts on this forum and only just noticed the Tabs at the start of the Thread "View" and "Edit". So that was a breakthrough for me!

So this function allows editing of the original post on a thread (if you started/originated the thread and you are logged on!)

But I haven't noticed that before because I have wanted to Edit posts that are "comments" or "replies" to the original post. Again, my own posts, obviously.

And this something that I still can't work out how to do, edit a comment/reply that I have Posted and realise needs some correction.

Am I once again missing something obvious or is it not possible to edit a comment/reply?

And while I'm asking questions about the forum, how is it possible to manage Private Messages in one's profile?

In the previous forum it was possible to Empty/delete the conversations.

Regards,
John

When I post this I shall see if there is a window of opportunity to edit when first posted.

dalehough

I sometimes get a page after

I sometimes get a page after login that says that I am not authorized to see this page or something like that.

ocd

Also need to login twice

I have to login twice. It happens everytime and it happens with the three different browsers I have tried (Firefox, Safari and Chrome).

Thanks,
ocd