FREE Donor Frame Project - Next Tiara

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I am looking to pass on my Tiara Pro frameset that I have been working on. Basically a shift in priorities have made it so that I haven't time to complete.

This frame has been modified:

• Removal of braze-ons (cable guides) and brake studs

• Rear triangle cold-set to accomodate a front wheel

• Rear drop-outs reshaped to allow easy insertion of a 700c wheel

• Some welds were dressed using Lab Metal (AWESOME stuff!)

• Mounting studs were added to the top tube to anchor the Cruzbike seat bracket

• Needs primer and paint
The suspension components will be supplied also.
FREE if you want it, just pay for shipping.

GEDC0855.JPG
GEDC0856.JPG
GEDC0857.JPG
GEDC0858.JPG
GEDC0859.JPG
GEDC0860.JPG

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
This is well-prepared

Those of you considering using this frame, and having components available, should strongly consider this.

I already have two, or I'd already be trying to get this one.

Cheers,

Doug

Vargas

I accept the offer

In case you don't mind sending it to Brazil by surface mail (I suppose it is the cheapest way and hope it isn't much more than US$50), and me paying the freight cost to you via Paypal, I'll accept the offer.

Vargas

How did you do it?

Could you explain a little bit more how you did the "Rear triangle cold-set to accomodate a front wheel"?

Vargas

Pick it up

Of course in case someone just offers to drive by and pick it up, so you don't have to go to the post etc, no problem from my side!
I mean, feel free to decide what is better to you.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I can send it to Brazil :)

Give me a day or two to get an exact shipping cost.

About the cold-set rear triangle, I use a vise equipped with hard plastic wedges to set the frame tubes into shape. Beginning close to the botom bracket, the lower stays were adjusted first, then the upper. This keeps the stays in alignment as the distance between the rear dropouts is reduced. As this is steel, it is necessary to bend the stays closer than the final dimension as the metal will spring back. After several iterations, the triangle is cold set to close specification.

I have a set of Campagnolo "bells" that were used to check and adjust final alignment.

I was going to complete the frame with a custom paint job, but that would have been about another $75 in materials for the three-colour, with a two-sage urethane clear that I wanted to do, and right now, my budget and time just don't allow. I did this paint job using candy colours over a hand-brushed aluminum frame, and was going to replicate it using a pearl white base. If it were up to me, I'd buy a Vendetta and do this identical paint job :) I just love the look of the paint and bare metal juxtaposed on the weld areas.

Haro Captian America.png

Haro-2.jpg

Anyway...send me a PM though here and I will give you my contact information.

Thanks!

Andrew

Vargas

Great paint job! Beautiful!

I could not find how to send you a PM, so here goes my contact: consultor@mail.com.

dplagens

more about donor

member longer then date on post___ password problems___ built my lwb bent myself as I volunteer 4 days a wk. w/ a local bike program in reno, Nv. so I have access to many parts but, decent frames for this build are hard to come by! hoping to hear from you Andrew----- Dameon

Marc Martin

You have done a great job

You have done a great job with that frame set. I wanted to make some modifications on my videochat iasi bike and I've managed to break it's frame. I'm currently thinking about replacing it. Do you know someone who could make me such a frame?