Freehub replacement Q45 2022 (thru-axle)

Flying Dutchman

Hi,
Following the issues with the Microshift rear derailleur (see my other thread), I started looking into replacing the drivetrain with either SRAM GX/NX Eagle or Shimano Deore XT. There I found that to support a 10-tooth cog, both SRAM and Shimano have introduced new freehub driver 'standards', Microspline for Shimano and XD/XDR for SRAM.
Has anybody tried to replace the standard freehub on the standard wheel of the Q45 (with thru-axle) with either the new Shimano or the new SRAM? If so, which make and model freehub did the job?
From the Cruzbike tech specs I found that the hub is a 'Chosen' hub, however trying to find freehub bodies it appears that there are many different versions.
Anybody any luck?
Thanks
Ted

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Hi,
Following the issues with the Microshift rear derailleur (see my other thread), I started looking into replacing the drivetrain with either SRAM GX/NX Eagle or Shimano Deore XT. There I found that to support a 10-tooth cog, both SRAM and Shimano have introduced new freehub driver 'standards', Microspline for Shimano and XD/XDR for SRAM.
Has anybody tried to replace the standard freehub on the standard wheel of the Q45 (with thru-axle) with either the new Shimano or the new SRAM? If so, which make and model freehub did the job?
From the Cruzbike tech specs I found that the hub is a 'Chosen' hub, however trying to find freehub bodies it appears that there are many different versions.
Anybody any luck?
Thanks
Ted
If you use Sram 12 speed NX cassette 11/50, it uses the 11 speed HG hub and you don't need to go to XDR. Might be a good way to try to see if you like 12 speed.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I have a message in to our rep to see about this. The Chosen hubs are used on A LOT of bikes (they get branded a lot as other's hubs) so it is possible there are others that can fit. Ill post what turns up...

Paruig

I have a message in to our rep to see about this. The Chosen hubs are used on A LOT of bikes (they get branded a lot as other's hubs) so it is possible there are others that can fit. Ill post what turns up...
Robert,
Do you know the dimensions of the 2121 Q45 Chosen hubs?
*Spoke hole circle diameter
*Hub spoke hole diameter
*Spacing of right hub flange from centerline
*Spacing of left spoke flange from centerline

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Robert,
Do you know the dimensions of the 2121 Q45 Chosen hubs?
*Spoke hole circle diameter
*Hub spoke hole diameter
*Spacing of right hub flange from centerline
*Spacing of left spoke flange from centerline
I can see if they have this type of detail.