Freerider steering broken

The Brook

Hi to all, I posted this on the Freerider section, but also sending it here, as it might be seen by more members

I unfortunately broke the piece connecting the handlebars of my Freerider to the Slider/boom of the front triangle.

I've sent a message to Cruzbike, but also wanted to ask if any of the tinkerers or other member on this site might have any suggestions as how to replace this part.

It is not reparable, as it is a jagged break.

Thanks for any possible help,

Denis

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a pic you can post? That (if I remember right) was a regular stem type of part. I can tell you that Cruzbike doesn't have those parts for the Freerider anymore, but it might be sometimng a local shop can source.

Robert

benphyr

Guru-me-not
It is an adjustable stem. You will either need to be a good measurer/searcher or go to your local bike store and take in the broken pieces for them to measure and order in one. Alternatively, I’m sure a custom metal fabricator or bike builder could make you a better than stock one.

The Brook

Do you have a pic you can post? That (if I remember right) was a regular stem type of part. I can tell you that Cruzbike doesn't have those parts for the Freerider anymore, but it might be sometimng a local shop can source.

Robert
Here we are,
upload_2020-9-20_13-0-40.png

Regards,
Denis

The Brook

That looks like it might do, I'll just take measurements,

Many thanks to all the tribe for your efforts, you've been great!
Denis

The Brook

Hey members of the tribe, and Robert, I found this in my parts bin, I'd forgotten it.
upload_2020-9-21_12-26-55.png

It's a steering riser for a Rans Stratus , I was going to convert it with the 3 way handlebar, needed this riser.
I never got to use it, because the frame was destroyed in a crazy accident (I was not on the bike, just material damage).
I ended up using the 3 way handlebar on my Freerider, but put the riser with my other spare parts.

It the same diameter as the broken piece, maybe 1/4 inch longer.
Could this part be used safely?

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
I think I have one of the original stems. I'm not at home, but will look when I get back (later this week.)

Do you still have the fork from your stratus? If it's a 1 1/8 steerer, I'll trade you.