Garmin GPS unit Graphs

cycleguy

Hello all

Here is an example of the kinds of graphs you can plot using the Garmin Edge 305 GPS unit...

You can plot heart rate, % of max HR, cadence, grade, speed, pace, elevation against each other in any combo...

countrymile.jpg

Awesome tool to track progress.. over the course of a season, for example, you should be able to see you heart rate go down with this kind of info...

Data is your friend!

Harold

cycleguy

this graph BTW, is heart rate vs Grade... the right most portion is getting chopped off...the key was on the right...

Harold

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
My favorite progress data? When people come wheezing up to you and ask you to ratchet the speed down a notch, or two! :D

That's pretty neat, Harold. I know a few people using the Garmin. My friends that do doubles whine a little about the battery life.

Mark

cycleguy

On any single ride I've had no problems with the battery and as soon as I get back I download the data and that recharges it...

Harold

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
cycleguy wrote: On any single ride I've had no problems with the battery and as soon as I get back I download the data and that recharges it...

Harold

Oh yeah, people doing normal, everyday rides are happy with them. What I was talking about are guys doing double centuries, where you're out for 15 hours. My boss is one and I don't remember all his issues, mostly just his whines about battery life.

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: My favorite progress data? When people come wheezing up to you and ask you to ratchet the speed down a notch, or two! :D
If you are doing great progress, they cant wheez up to you, but call you on the phone.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
JonB wrote:
Mark B wrote: My favorite progress data? When people come wheezing up to you and ask you to ratchet the speed down a notch, or two! :D
If you are doing great progress, they cant wheez up to you, but call you on the phone.
True, true, but progress is progress. It wasn't that long ago I was struggling to keep up with THEM! :eek:

Mark