Gio

I read and sometimes post on Bentrideronline and noticed a difference in the signature of ;

John Tolhurst | www.cruzbike.com Inventor/Founder/Designer: Conversion Kit, Sofrider, Sofrider V2, Silvio, Gio (unreleased), Sigma, Quest, Vendetta, e-rings, Quest V2, Silvio V2 and Vendetta V2.

What is a Gio (unreleased) in your signature?
I haven't seen any information about this model.
Is it possible to explain about this model or do we have to wait?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Sort of ... I reworked the

Sort of ... I reworked the whole folding method. Gio was for 406 wheels and folded without removal of the wheels. Quest folds to a different paradigm.

Maybe we'll produce GIO one day, maybe it will remain in the archieve.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
No, sorry Charles, this will

No, sorry Charles, this will remain unreleased for the present time. I may not want to release it its current state, and I do not have a priority on it to improve it, or even look at it at the moment. Very busy here preparing VN 2012 and VN 2013, a lot of work and I mean really a lot of detailed drawing and analysis, optimising, improving, increasing the standardised aspects etc.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Not a Gio but here is my Mobiky Genius

I really like the way my Mobiky folds. The handlebars, seatpost, pedals, and handlebar stem are not fully collapsed in the first picture.

To un-fold you just grab the saddle and pull up and the frame pops out fore and aft and locks open with that smaller tube at the bottom aft end of the bottom seat post tube. You can hop on and ride in about 1 second with the seat, pedals, handlebars etc left in the riding position when folded as in the first photo. To fold it again you reach down and press that aft tube forward, the seat post tubes collapse down into each other and then you lift up on that black handle you see on the main frame plates in the first photo and the frame then allows the wheels to pull back in toward each other. It even comes with a built-in kickstand that works when the bike is folded and un-folded.

It rolls and is steerable when folded. I have folded the outside handlebar and pedal when wheeling through the grocery store aisle to give clearance to on-coming shoppers with the bike in both folded or unfolded mode. I have a carabiner in the top strap of my Topeak DynaPack that I use to clip the pack to a large U-shaped hook at the center of the handlebars which allows the DynaPack to hang down with its long axis parallel to the handlebar stem and I can still roll and steer the bike this way both folded and un-folded. The only restriction I incur is the middle seat tube will only collapse down to the Topeak quick release bracket so I lose about 2 1/2 inches of collapse.

image(8).jpg

image(7).jpg

image(6).jpg

It has a 3-speed Sturmey Archer IGH. I ride it on my 8 and 17 mile training loops from time to time.

I broke some spokes in the rear wheel and had my LBS replace them but the wheel is now not true. I bought the PDF book, "Professional Guide to Wheel Building" by Roger Musson that fthills recommended so I can give it a go at getting it true.

Sourcing parts like rims and spokes is a PITA for 12" wheels unless I want to buy in quantities of 100...

-Eric

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Whups lost the first photo somehow

Whups lost the first photo somehow when I posted and can't edit to fix. It was the same collapsed view but with the DynaPack detached and sitting on the ground in front of the bike.

-Eric

Jake

@Eric
A decent wheelbuilding

@Eric

A decent wheelbuilding shop will have a tool to cut extra thread onto a spoke. They'd just use a longer spoke, cut the thread, then snip the spoke to the correct length.

Jake