Going to be selling one of my v20s, open to how - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek

I’m moving to a v20c because I would like to have disc brakes and wider tires for the PBP this summer.

I currently have 2 v20s. One is a yellow one that’s never been on the road and is currently sitting on my smart trainer. The other is black and has been my road warrior for the past 2 years. The components on the trainer bike are basic - the stock kinlin wheels, rival groupset, etc. The components on the road warrior have been significantly upgraded: 77 AS FLO wheels ($1600), SRAM AXS Force/Rival Wireless Drivetrain ($1500), Chris King BB ($200), Rotor InSpider ALDHU Carbon bundle [155mm cranks, 2-sided power meter, oval chainrings, aero chainring cap - $1400), and a ton of optional accessories (AeroJacket wheel covers, Race Case, water bottle headrest holder, Moosepack, moose-pack-like chloroplast enclosure, etc etc..

I am open to which bike I sell and how I sell it - frame only, frame + low end components, or frame + high end components. Haven’t worked out what the prices would be, because rather than do the math on like 10 permutations, I throw out the opportunity to you, and see what you prefer.

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpeg
    IMG_2179.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 112

bhave

Your frame accepts a thru axle wheel and it has post mount disc brake tabs on the front and probably flat mount holes in the rear. You can just upgrade either of the bikes yourself, for very little cost.

M.J

Your frame accepts a thru axle wheel and it has post mount disc brake tabs on the front and probably flat mount holes in the rear. You can just upgrade either of the bikes yourself, for very little cost.
No it doesn't.
No version of the V20 before the new V20c used thru axles or flat mount brakes.
It would be far easier to get a V20c and use off the shelf road bike components than to bodge something together on an older bike. And even then, tire clearance would still be limited.

d2sutton

I am looking to jump onto a CruzBike. I bought a nice Bacchetta earlier this year to start my recumbent journey. Where are you located?

Beano

No it doesn't.
It would be far easier to get a V20c and use off the shelf road bike components than to bodge something together on an older bike. And even then, tire clearance would still be limited.
You would not be bodging something on an older bike. I can see in the road warrior pic that you have mechanical running a caliper front and rear brake. You'd need new wheels anyways that are disk specific. So why not buy some wheels that are disk specific and also quick release to fit the bike. In addition I'd buy some Juin Tech disk hybrid brakes which are post mount. Use some ISO adapters to attach them to the frame and there you have it.

Why would you want wider tyres for PBP? 28mm would be wide enough? If you are worried about the road surfaces in France, believe me you don't need to. Having done PBP back in 2015 the roads are nice to ride on with very few potholes. And I don't recall any gravel/chipseal sections.

bhave

No it doesn't.
I'm sorry about that. In photographs of other earlier V20s, I've seen what looks like disc brake tabs on the frame. Could you post photos of the left (non drive side) of your yellow V20?

M.J

I'm sorry about that. In photographs of other earlier V20s, I've seen what looks like disc brake tabs on the frame. Could you post photos of the left (non drive side) of your yellow V20?
It's not my bike.
V20s do have disc brake tabs, but they're the older ISO standard, not the flat mount style that modern road bikes use.

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
FYI,
I have a 2016 V20. It has IS brake mounts to which I have mounted SRAM hydraulic disk brakes using a IS to Post mount, then Post mount to flat mount converters. I have 180 mm rotors in the back and 203 mm in the front. On the front, I had to put a 0.5" spacer between the two mounts to handle the 203 mm rotor. I'm running 2" Schwalbe Mondale touring tires. Had to swap the fork with an S40 fork. The rear frame barely fits the 2" tires, but works fine. The wheels are 26", which helps give more room and my feet hit
the ground better.

Here's the front brake:

V20 Front brake.jpg

And the back:

V20 rear brake.jpg

I did have to Dremel down a weld on the back that was interfering with the rotor. Robert verified that this was a problem on the older V20s. It was easy to deal with.

Tor Hovland

I'd be interested in one of these, primarily as a frameset. I've been riding a V1.0 Vendetta for 5 years now, and it's time I find out how much stability was improved with the newer versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.