Great night at the races

trplay

Zen MBB Master
flamingos-1.jpg

The Rumble in the Jungle took no prisoners. The course was littered with blown engines and defeated egos. It was a proud moment for the Recumbent Nation as this little band hunkered down and held their own. They suffered some casualties as I was one but overall they responded with grit and steel. The ATP bunch was fast as usual. Benphyr's Team was loaded with A racers. Only two B racers were able to finish with this lead group. Ben was one of them and received another FTP upgrade for the feat. These guys finished in 48 minutes. Check those trainers for motors for goodness sake! Just behind this squad Captain Falcon brought his group in with one of their riders upchucking as they crossed the finish line. This was a tough race and no one knows this any better than Team Low Drag. These guys hunkered down and finished tight as a tick. That is a lot more than most teams can claim. At this time Jason is just finishing 14th overall Frappe with a time of 45 minutes!

Our female recumbent participation is low but not gone as we had one representative in the Herd Nation. Connie rode with the Famous Flamingos turning in a scorching time of 58:09. The goal was under an hour. The WTRL will be adding more women's Divisions in two weeks due to the explosion of women entering the TTT. I just cannot understand why the recumbent women do not want to be a part of this new form of cycling.

The highlight of the night was our High Speed Heroes. These guys pulled up Roy and myself from Low Drag to help with the numbers. You readers must understand you can't be competitive in these TTT's with just power. It takes teamwork, strategy, and numbers in addition to all out efforts. I wasn't up to the task and was shelled off the back early in the race. This essentially left High Speed with four racers in an 8 man race. These guys did everything they could do. High Speed turned in a time of 1:02 which was darn good for a four person team. The only thing the Premier League Teams have over High Speed is they have more racers on the teams. Roy Longcrier gets the star of the week for stepping up and not just providing glob speed for the group but also providing muscle power as well. Roy has earned his High Speeder badge and we will miss him in Low Drag.

This brings us to the shortage of recumbent racers. We currently have a very good group of recumbent racers. One couldn't ask for a better bunch. The problem is we need a larger bunch to be competitive. We have pretty much mined all of the available racers from Cruzbike. BROL has done what they can. The Bacchetta and other sites have looked but lack the interest. So the question is. Where do we go now? We know there are interested recumbent riders out there. How do we find them? In the meantime I guess we will carry on, have fun, and keep looking.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Nice writeup as usual. That Flamingos picture is pretty amazing. Does the sloth only give out energy drinks to those riding in V formation? I didn't even notice her/him last night.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
How good of riders are you looking for?

We have a place for riders at every level starting at around 1.7 w/kg and going up to faster than Jason 4.3 w/kg. If you are lower than this and you are OK with being dropped we can work with getting them up to the lower level pretty darn fast. If you can smoke Jason we will gladly double your contract!

Kufman

Absolute perfect for Team High Speed but you'll have to hold on. Or a big dawg in Team Low Drag.

I don't have much of any bike racing experience but I have been doing speed skating pack races for years. I would give it a shot in any division that I might be useful.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I don't have much of any bike racing experience but I have been doing speed skating pack races for years. I would give it a shot in any division that I might be useful.

If you are to make it tonight we need to do two things quickly. One, get registered on Zwift power.com and two, join the Cruzbike Discord Server. Link Below. We are ready when you are. Please email me at hdushanbe@yahoo.com soonest.

Kufman

I am already registered on Zwift power. Is the link to the discord server on the Team Moose page? I guess I don't see your link.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I am already registered on Zwift power. Is the link to the discord server on the Team Moose page? I guess I don't see your link.
@Kufman Look no further its right here below. Also go to the zwift race sign up linked and sign up in pen B. Yes pen B is the correct pen. It does not mean B category . Also please ensure you have (High Speed) listed at the end of your zwiftpower dot com user name (not to be confused with your Zwift registration! Leave this alone. This is the tag to connect the team, it must be exact. Once all of this is done correctly you are set for tonight. I'll be checking to make sure the registration is complete and will get back to you with more race details once its confirmed. Thank you for giving this a try!

race sign up
https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1055312

Discord channel
https://discord.gg/Xdz4sF2

Last edited:

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all - I am going to try to be there for the races tonight, but it might depend on the air quality - currently my basement where my setup is is rife with smoky air from all the fires here in the PNW - it is a literal mess right now. It is almost 10 AM and it looks like late evening time and they say the air is going to get worse. Already been coughing a lot today and having to wear full mask all day. Ugh.

Robert

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Hey all - I am going to try to be there for the races tonight, but it might depend on the air quality - currently my basement where my setup is is rife with smoky air from all the fires here in the PNW - it is a literal mess right now. It is almost 10 AM and it looks like late evening time and they say the air is going to get worse. Already been coughing a lot today and having to wear full mask all day. Ugh.

Robert
Sorry for that situation, I hope you and everyone out there can stay safe.