Handelbars

KKidd

I have just completed a conversion on a Trek Y11. It is the second smallest frame size and the seat height is fairly high. I am 5' 7" and with the chain stay boom adjusted to the correct length (short) I cannot seem to come up with a headset/handlebar combination that keeps my knees out of the brake levers. What are others using/doing? Help!

KKidd

Tried it. Then the bars are right in my Buda, I hardly have enough room to get on and off. I think I need an old "ape hanger" with a very narrow section at the clamp. Does anyone sell the stuff used on the Freerider where it clamps on the boon instead of a riser on the headset?

JonB

Zen MBB Master
KKidd wrote: Tried it. Then the bars are right in my Buda, I hardly have enough room to get on and off. I think I need an old "ape hanger" with a very narrow section at the clamp. Does anyone sell the stuff used on the Freerider where it clamps on the boon instead of a riser on the headset?
yes, that kind exist.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
KKidd wrote: Tried it. Then the bars are right in my Buda, I hardly have enough room to get on and off. I think I need an old "ape hanger" with a very narrow section at the clamp. Does anyone sell the stuff used on the Freerider where it clamps on the boon instead of a riser on the headset?

Oh. :shock: :oops: Well, Jack likes the cruiser bars, like in this pic:

file.php

Mark

KKidd

Hey, that photo helps. Thanks. I have a whole 3 day weekend to experiment. I'll send in some photos.

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Check out the conversion kit brag board build #7.I like how the bike is set up in the first picture.Short adjustable stem.The cruiser bars are easy to set up and you can really pull on them for some extra power. Jack