Handheld Gimbal On a Recumbent

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I modified my cheap shoulder strap for Gopro-Like Action Cameras to hold a Hohem iSteady Pro2, 3-Axis Gimbal. It has two tri-pod bolt holes which are useful to make this "hack" possible. This offcourse is not needed if you can afford a 360 camera :)

No further stabilization in post production was done. I just cut in parts of the raw video. Here are the results:

As a comparison, last year I rode the same section with just the shoulder mount without a gimbal and with the same camera. I even did some software stabilization in post then. The difference is significant to me.

Last edited:

Bruce B

That gimbal really provides a remarkable improvement in the video! Hope to see more of your work in the near future.

DocS

Guru
Very nice!
I mounted a cheap gopro knock-off on my helmet for a while. Even with the Stabilization software, it was a bit shaky.
I thought about how to mount a Gimbal. I can definitely see it's much more stable and gives the ability to turn the camera!

Awesome work!

Blessings,
DocS

Bentas

Your bike is looking great , some great touches , love the little rear mud guard , is the seat a home built?
I'm also using bar end 1x 10 speed shifter these days, I like them, oh yeah! the vid is sharp.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Your bike is looking great , some great touches , love the little rear mud guard , is the seat a home built?
I'm also using bar end 1x 10 speed shifter these days, I like them, oh yeah! the vid is sharp.
Thanks .
Yes, the seat is homemade. Plywood covered in fiberglass.