Handlebar configurations--S30, specifically

CruzinCambridge

Thanks @castlerider and @McWheels for your perspectives. *

I experienced the bars too high with the stem riser and didn't like it so I'm reluctant to go back to the stem riser or invert the bars even though it would give me the leg clearance. I do find it useful though to sit up and grab onto the hoods for leverage getting started in a higher gear on a dead stop. It seems like on other threads (push/pull) V20 riders say the more horizontal boom and Thor seat gives them greater leverage for upper body engagement and power which sound good to me.

In the near term, I'm going to try some small tweaks and take some photos. I've got a new neck rest coming for the Thor so I've got plenty to tinker with.

I'm looking for a powermeter too so I can train this winter... so if I can find a crank powermeter that's 5-10 mm shorter, that should solve my bar clearance issues, so I'll pray to the ebay gods that one appears.

Meanwhile I'm sensing that I should focus on overall comfort for bars... not just reach. Junebug could be an option. The Simworks Mud Honey looks like the Junebug or Woodchipper but with longer reach... but its out of stock. I see Randonneur bars that look like they could be a good option but I'd need to use a shim to fit the stem. Stay tuned!